It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-19-2006   #1 (permalink)
emma

Default she won't use the litter box!

We need help! We have an indoor cat who is about a year and a half old now. She was fixed as soon as she was old enough. About 4 or 5 months ago, she started urinating in the hallway. We thought maybe the litter box was full and she didn't have room to use it, but it was clean. She was the only cat inside here until about 4 months ago when we took in an abandoned kitten we found on our porch. I try to give her the same amount of love and attention I gave her before but she doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with me much anymore. I read on the site where cats will sometimes do things to get attention. We don't have anyone to give the kitten to and she (the new kitten) has gotten used to being inside most of the time (she does go out occasionally to play with the outdoor cats). How could we stop this behavior?? Could it be that she doesn't like using the same litter box as the kitten or does it sound like it's just for attention?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-20-2006   #2 (permalink)
CatzXena.

Hmmm... I'm not sure whats wrong with your kitty- try looking at other litter box errors some of them might help?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-29-2006   #3 (permalink)
Siamese_ifyouplease

If you can try to find a litter box similar to the one your cat's mom trained her on it will definitely help, our cat refused to use it until we got a cover for it.

Unread 10-01-2006   #4 (permalink)
tabbylover224

We got our kitten when he was already trained on the scratching post and litter box. We just bought identical models to his mommy's and he was ready to go!

Unread 10-15-2006   #5 (permalink)
Peabug

I wish I could help you, our cat is also peeing all over the house and we have provided 3 litter boxes. Maybe try taking her to the vet and seeing if she has a urinary tract infection. I know this can cause it also.

Tags
behavior , box , cat , cat's , cats , clean , fixed , found , house , indoor , infection , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , litter boxes , love , new kitten , outdoor , peeing , play , scratching , stop , vet

Sponsored Cat Links