It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-30-2006   #1 (permalink)
himilover

Default Cat goes in the bathtub

My cat usually is really good about the litter box...but sometimes, out of nowhere (even if the litter box it freshly cleaned) will go in the bathtub. Is there anyway to stop this? It is really embarrassing, especially when he does it when people are over.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-01-2006   #2 (permalink)
tabbylover224

Our cat used to do this as a kitten! Its a bit mean I guess, but we just caught him in there and turned on the water a couple of times. Now he will not even dare to venture into the bathtub.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-09-2006   #3 (permalink)
himilover

Lol, that is really cute. I guess it is better that he goes in the tub than on the floor...easier to clean..I guess (that is, until I get strange looks, lol).

Unread 10-09-2006   #4 (permalink)
CrystalCat

Yea, water tends to be the best way to keep cats from doing anything. Whenever my cat would do something bad, i would spray it a little with water. It doesn’t harm them and it truly works. And luckily, the tub already has the power to make water. So as long as it’s not under the faucet, turn it on for a second or spray it with water.

Unread 11-04-2006   #5 (permalink)
catlover

He is doing it for your attention. He is jelious that others are paying attention to you. Its his way of saying I own you,and no one else can have you.
My daughters cat did the same thing, especially if she did not pay alot of attention to him or left him alone to long. She normally keeps a bottle of cleaner (deluted bleach water) by the tub. She would spray the tub 3 times a day. he finally stopped doing it. Just a suggestion, it worked for her.

Last edited by catlover; 11-04-2006 at 08:50 AM.

Unread 11-05-2006   #6 (permalink)
muslgrl

My mother had a cat that also did that beats me why

Unread 11-05-2006   #7 (permalink)
vp311

My cat sometimes goes in the tub too. I just kind of let it go because I thought it was easier to clean the tub then the floor. He usually goes in the litterbox though

Unread 11-06-2006   #8 (permalink)
himilover

Wow, its a lot more common than I thought!

Tags
bath , box , cat , cats , clean , cute , kitten , litter , litter box , litterbox , stop , water

Sponsored Cat Links