It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-04-2006   #1 (permalink)
KittyCrayz

Default Scratching the corner of walls

Hello, my cat likes to scratch the corner of my walls sometimes, and it becomes a bit of a mess. It starts peeling and tearing and everything, and he likes to do it atleast once a day. Any suggestions?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-04-2006   #2 (permalink)
aja3171

MY cats do that too, only they scratch on wood, I just thought that maybe they're sharpening their claws.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-05-2006   #3 (permalink)
steelycat

This is just my opinion because this is what dogs do when they want to mate. They want to get out of the house to find their mates. Maybe it's the same thing with your cat. He wants to have a mate.

Unread 10-10-2006   #4 (permalink)
blackcat

In my opinion that's a clear sign that the cat want to go outdoors. They always do unpleasant things when they want something from us. Maybe you have not gotten the message yet.

Unread 10-10-2006   #5 (permalink)
CrystalCat

I dont't know why they do it, but some do. I don't think there is anything you can really do to stop it, just hope the cat out-grows it or try letting him outside.

Unread 10-11-2006   #6 (permalink)
steelycat

I agree with idea of trying to let your cat to go outside. I certainly believe that's the reason why he keep on scratching the corner wall. Try it and see what happens.

Unread 10-15-2006   #7 (permalink)
KittyCrayz

Oh, I see. Thanks, i'll try letting him out next time he does it. Hopefully itt'le help, if not, i'll pay more attention and see what he wants

Tags
cat , cats , claws , dogs , hey , house , mess , opinion , scratch , scratching , stop , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links