It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-05-2006   #1 (permalink)
fidokitty

Default Fixing the cat

Getting the cat fixed was a hard descision because i know their personalities change after that. My cat was neutered and after that. She rarely lets anyone touch past her head. If you touch her stomach she bites or hits.

She likes to seclude herself. It was such a dramatic change! She was so loving before. But i guess in due time she may become nicer.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-07-2006   #2 (permalink)
blackcat

Maybe you don't want your cat to go outside and want her to stay at the house always. Even I don't agree with it because she's a female still I can't blame you for doing it. I also had my dog castrated when he still a teenager.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-07-2006   #3 (permalink)
Becca

How old was your cat when you had her neutered? We had my cat (male) neutered when he was still very young but obviously we hadn't had him long enough to notice if his personality changed. As far as i was aware i thought it was supposed to make them more friendly if there was any change, rather than less.

Unread 10-07-2006   #4 (permalink)
aja3171

What does neutered mean? And why does it affect the behavior of the cat?

Unread 10-07-2006   #5 (permalink)
Becca

Being neutered is when they remove the reproductive organs of the cat, so that the female can't get pregnant and so that the males don't make other females pregnant because there are already too many unwanted kittens in the world. I guess it alters the behaviour of the cat because it affects the hormones.

Unread 10-10-2006   #6 (permalink)
aja3171

Oh I see, like being caponed in other male animals? That's too bad for the cat, but I think I understand the purpose.

Unread 10-10-2006   #7 (permalink)
CrystalCat

Yea, sometimes you need to do things your cats don't really like. And there are so many stray animals that there is a need to get some fixed.

Unread 10-10-2006   #8 (permalink)
himilover

We always had our cats fixed as soon as they came of age, so I never noticed any real personality changes.

I am sorry to hear that about your cat; she will come around for ya just give her time.

Unread 10-11-2006   #9 (permalink)
muslgrl

Funny all the cat I have had in my years got more lovable after they were fixed. It is much better for them They are happier

Unread 10-12-2006   #10 (permalink)
fidokitty

I got her fixed when she was a little less than a year old. She had a lot of personality before that though. I just wish she'd be the kitten i knew v.v. And I fixed my cats because girls go in heat and never shut up for like a week each month. Then they slime everything. Guys are the same except the spray everything with this distinct fowl smell that keeps other male cats away. Its why i fix cats lol.

Tags
age , bat , behavior , behaviour , bills , bites , cat , cats , changed , dog , female , fixed , friendly , fun , funny , healthy , heat , hey , home , house , in heat , infection , kitten , kittens , loving , male , personality , pregnant , save , smell , stray , surgery , vet , vet bills

Sponsored Cat Links