It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2007   #11 (permalink)
outdoorcat

Hehe Christine, what a lovely gift that would make if you happen to entertain some guests in the livingroom when the cat has left a gift. Usually our cats leave the gifts on the outside porch, probably because I look carefully before letting them in. I have often been thankful I didn't have an swinging cat door. My neighbor has a cat that brings in live mice. Her son chases them around the house with the broom while his mom stands nervously on a chair and waits impatiently for the varmint to get stopped!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-12-2007   #12 (permalink)
snazzy-chloe

Both of my cats kill birds and mice but dont eat them. but i did hear somewhere thats cats bring its prey back to its owner so the owner can see the wonderful job they did hunting it like they would bring it back to their mother, they always bring birds and mice into only my room to show me which isnt exactly a good thing lol but yeh i think it is basically instinct and they dont think they have done anything wrong by it, i have no idea how to stop it either sorry

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-12-2007   #13 (permalink)
blueberrycheesecake

Hey I also experienced this with the cats I had before (my last cat died 4 years ago and the cat i have now is the adopted one-she just showed up). My cat was catching birds and she just always played with it and never ate it. Sometimes when she catches mice, she ate some, and the rest are left at the floor. I realized this is just normal for them because it's part of their play, I think.

Unread 01-12-2007   #14 (permalink)
ChristineP

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorcat View Post
Hehe Christine, what a lovely gift that would make if you happen to entertain some guests in the livingroom when the cat has left a gift. Usually our cats leave the gifts on the outside porch, probably because I look carefully before letting them in. I have often been thankful I didn't have an swinging cat door. My neighbor has a cat that brings in live mice. Her son chases them around the house with the broom while his mom stands nervously on a chair and waits impatiently for the varmint to get stopped!
The way to poor lizard looked, any guest would probably wouldn't notice. It looked like a leaf to begin with. I looked closer and it in the shape of a lizard. I guess the cats wanted lizard soup for dinner.

Tags
adopted , birds , care , cat , catching , cats , dog , eating , eyes , female , fixed , found , gift , gifts , girl , great , groom , healthy , hey , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitty , love , natural , not eating , play , problems , stop , turkey , worry

Sponsored Cat Links