It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-23-2006   #1 (permalink)
Whitney13

Question Please someone help... Not sure what to do???

I have a "teenager" cat (about 1 yr old) and he has started a new thing at night while I'm asleep in my room with my door shut(cats are outside of room). He is not alone, my other cat and him are very close... they play, sleep and eat together. Well his "new" favorite thing to do is standing up on his hind legs and scratching at the door at around 5:30-6:00 which is the time I wake up for work. I know he is doing this to get my attention but anyone would understand that this gets annoying and cannot keep going on! He has food, water, a potty and company... what else could he need? Does anyone have any clue on how I can stop him of this habit?
Please help!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-24-2006   #2 (permalink)
muslgrl

The poor baby just wants to be with you. I have always had cats that want me up when they are up for the morning. Sometimes I just feed them and go back to bed but my bet is he wants your company

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-24-2006   #3 (permalink)
Whitney13

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]I know... I feel bad now... it's cute though, I'll get up and open the door and he'll jump up at me and do that "bbrrrrowww" thing some cats do- it's really cute.

Unread 10-24-2006   #4 (permalink)
aja3171

Dont feel bad, at least now your opening the door for him. Your cat seems sweet

Unread 10-25-2006   #5 (permalink)
Whitney13

Very sweet!

Unread 10-25-2006   #6 (permalink)
TannersMom

My cat Tanner does that too, and it usually means he wants attention.

Take it as a compliment.

Unread 10-26-2006   #7 (permalink)
Whitney13

I would love to let my cats in my room at night but as you know... some cats get crazy at night. My cat (Riley- the one who scratches at the door) LOOVES to play in the bathtub.. he's obsessed with it. He does this at night and it can get pretty loud! Then you would hear my other cat(Hurley- and he's older than Riley) making a grunting noise at him as if trying to tell him "hey don't do that!!" It's funny.. but not while im sleeping

Unread 10-28-2006   #8 (permalink)
Cody08

Welcome to the wonderful world of furry alarm clocks. They either want to snuggle or play. You better hope it's just to snuggle.

Cody does that every other morning if I don't play with her enough the night before. It's like her revenge. She'll wake me up at precisly 5:15 am if we don't play games the night before.

She can't scratch the doors so she'll run her paws up and down it and then meow just in case I didn't hear her. Usually I get up, use the facilities, then leave the door slightly ajar for her and go back to sleep. She'll then either come in and snuggle or find something else to do until I wake up at 7:20am.

Sometimes she'll do that right before I go to sleep so as to remind me that I haven't played with her first. After chasing her toys around, she's get too tired to bother me when I sleep.

Unread 10-28-2006   #9 (permalink)
Whitney13

That's so cute! So maybe I should play with Riley before I got to sleep??? I just don't think it's possible for him to get tired... he's like the energizer bunny, no kidding!
The past couple of mornings I have been letting him in to see if he will just lay down and snuggle... but no! He jumped on the bed (and by the way when he jumps it feel like a bomb's been dropped from 100 ft in the air and landed on my bed) then he got on my nightstand and decided to knock off my cup of water! (He thought it was funny)
I just don't know what to do... I'm about to make him an appointment to get neutered, and I'm hoping that it will calm him down... not some... but A LOT!
And I don't think he's loney... he's got my other cat and they are inseperatable!

Any advice will be great!

Unread 10-28-2006   #10 (permalink)
Cody08

That sounds like Cody. She'll check things out to see if stuff has been moved. Gotta make sure in her furry world, she knows what's what I suppose. Then she'll jump on my bed and check me out, knead her paws, lick my face to make sure I'm clean, then plop down where-ever is least convenient for me when I'm in bed.

Luckily I just got a Queen, although surprising she doesn't think it's big enough. Last night her snuggle fest was on my chest. She's darn lucky she's so cute.

I swear her checking on me was way worse when she was a kitten though. I didn't get to have a full nights sleep until she was 1.5-2 years old. <laughing>

Seriously Cody used to be a energizer bunny too. I NEVER saw her sleep until she was 2 yrs old. I swear, I thought I had a defective furrball. She was ALWAYS AWAKE and that meant I had to be awake. But if you tucker them out, they'll sleep like little furry babies. I still tease anyone who visits that someone gives her sugar every morning cause she has more energy than a kid.

I make sure I play with Cody for about 15-20 minutes usually right before I go to sleep and it's chasing her toys or doing her acrobatics. She usually gets tired after that.

But just an FYI, even if you play with him enough he'll STILL want to snuggle on his terms, just like Cody, sometimes at 5:15 am all she wants is to come in and sleep with me. <shrug>

Last edited by Cody08; 10-28-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Tags
advice , babies , baby , bath , calm , care , cat , cats , clean , color , crazy , cute , food , fun , funny , games , great , hey , kitten , love , lucky , meow , morning , night , play , queen , scratch , scratching , sleep , sleeping , stop , toys , wake , water

Sponsored Cat Links