It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2006   #1 (permalink)
baggiebird

Default Kittens on Kitchen surfaces

hi all

I have got two 4 month old kittens who have just found out to jump up on to my kitchen surfaces. I want to stop them from doing this in case they get hurt and because of hygiene reasons.

Any suggestions?????

Thanks All

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-15-2006   #2 (permalink)
aja3171

I have that same problem! They even jump to the dining table. They're lucky that Im a very patient person LOL. That's why I just clean the table and the kitchen surfaces all the time.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-15-2006   #3 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

I used a thing called tattle tail to keep my kittys off my waterbed it worked. Might give it a try, just google it. Good luck

Unread 11-15-2006   #4 (permalink)
vp311

I have found that a spritz bottle works pretty well. Try to squirt them with water the second you see them jump up. Works for me.

Unread 11-16-2006   #5 (permalink)
catatonic

That's a neat thing to do! Spraying water on them when they do that can make it stop it's like a punsihment for their being mischievous. My mom had the same problems, but what she did was to put them in their cage everytime they do that. or to anchor their collar outside so they don't jump about when there are guests.

Unread 11-16-2006   #6 (permalink)
aja3171

I might try the squirting thing and the tattle tale, and find out which one works. My 2 cats are stubborn.

Unread 11-16-2006   #7 (permalink)
LucyBell's mom

let me know what works. I have the same problem with my 4month old too.

Unread 11-16-2006   #8 (permalink)
stormy

When they jump on a surface where you don't want them...gently lift them by the 'scruff' of their neck and , from about knee height, let them go to the floor...same time say a firm NO...eventually..just the NO will work..still works on my 7 year old (who hasn't jumped on tables, or kitchen since she was 6 mos) but when she starts to try and claw the couch I say NO..she runs from it, stops to clean herself, and goes to her scratching post.. they are funny critters, but can be trained.

Unread 11-18-2006   #9 (permalink)
muslgrl

I never worried about it besides i like having my baby next to me with my coffee and oatmeal

Unread 11-20-2006   #10 (permalink)
vp311

The spritz has always worked for me. Let me know what you figure out.

Tags
baby , cats , clean , cleaning , collar , found , fun , funny , hey , home , hurt , kittens , lucky , night , person , problem , problems , scratching , stop , suggestions , tale , water

Sponsored Cat Links