It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-20-2006   #1 (permalink)
vp311

Default Kittie Kisses

My newest kitten licks me ALL the time. Can anyone give a reason why this little kittie likes to lick me all the time?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-21-2006   #2 (permalink)
muslgrl

just trying to wash you that is a way of showing affection

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-22-2006   #3 (permalink)
aja3171

Your kitten is very sweet and she likes you very much which means you are very good to her and taking great care of her and she's just returning the favor.

Unread 11-23-2006   #4 (permalink)
vp311

Well, thats a good thing. To be honest, it kind-of bugs me, lol, but he is so peristant about. At least I know he loves me

Unread 11-23-2006   #5 (permalink)
muslgrl

cats have odd ways of showing they love you for example when the bring you there dead prey. They want to share it with you

Unread 12-01-2006   #6 (permalink)
Buttrfly

LOL My new kitten does that to me all the time too. Although, he has been spending a lot of time with the dogs & I have 2 that LOVE to give kisses. So that might have something to do with why mine likes to do that.

Unread 12-21-2006   #7 (permalink)
softpaws

Elsewhere in this forum I talked about how my aunt's cat was weaned to fast and therefore licked and sucked people's clothing all the time. So it could be that the cat was weaned too fast or maybe it could be that she smells food or there are crumbs where she is licking. I know my stepson's beard is a great attraction for our cats.

Unread 12-21-2006   #8 (permalink)
wendywenpet

Your kitty could be licking the salt in your skin. And I also agree with the above posts... your kitty loves you!! I know when I go to sleep my cat will sit at my head and grab my hand and lick it!! When I go to move my hand she puts her claws in my hand so I can't move it and she continues to lick it.

Unread 12-27-2006   #9 (permalink)
aja3171

Aww that's sweet wendy. And that must have tickled.

Unread 01-06-2007   #10 (permalink)
crookshanks

Sometimes it's for the salt on you skin, but most often it's a sign that they have accepted you as part of their family, the same way they wash each other. Another way of showing affection is butting their forehead against yours. Rubbing against your leg doesn't count. That's just territorial marking.

Tags
affectionate , aww , care , cat , cats , claws , crazy , dogs , family , fast , food , fun , funny , great , happy , hey , kitten , kitty , licking , love , new kitten , nose , paw , pet , sleep , territorial , wash , weaned

Sponsored Cat Links