It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
80schild

Default Is it odd??

Is it normal or something strange that my cat that I have had for about 6 months (I rescued and she is about 5 or 6 years old) wants to have her face as close to mine as possible when sleeping? And also, does anyone know why she does this. Thanks for the info.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
LucyBell's mom

I'm really not sure why cats do this. But my cat does the same thing. She's starting to do it less now. I got Lucy from the shelter when she was 8 weeks old. She's almost 7 months now. I think it's a bonding thing. When I first got her she wouldn't let me out of her sight. She would yowll real load if she couldn't find me, and when she did she would jump up on my sholder and nuzzle my face.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
wendywenpet

What a sweet showing of affection!!! When I have Egor on my shoulder she rubs her face on mine and can't get close enough to me. Let's all concur that she loves you!! I know mine does.

Unread 01-04-2007   #4 (permalink)
crookshanks

Wow! That's so sweet. I think it's not odd, It's their usual way of showing that they like someone. My cat does similar things but the weird thing is sometimes I do teh same with my hubby..lol! I think he wonders I would better be a cat.

Unread 01-04-2007   #5 (permalink)
outdoorcat

Default Show of affection

Frisky, one of our males, likes to wake my husband in the morning not just for food or water or going out. This cat actually thinks that morning time is love-me time with Daddy. He sits on Daddy's chest with his paws straight toward my hubby's chin. When my husband talks to him he tries to touch his nose and cheeks and his mustache. This behavior just started recently and Frisky just isn't happy unless he can get in a few love taps each day.

Unread 01-12-2007   #6 (permalink)
Rocky

Its just a sign of affection

My cat comes up and headbutts my face when he wants a cuddle and when he wants one off my fiance he sits on him with one paw over each shoulder like a real cuddle lol.

Unread 01-12-2007   #7 (permalink)
stormy

Maybe because the kit was rescued at a young age..it wants to bond with you..smelling your breath is 'home'...the kit see's you as safety....love the kit....it never had the privelege of the litter....so you are the 'safety zone'..

Unread 01-12-2007   #8 (permalink)
blueberrycheesecake

maybe she is just craving for affectionate attention =) because most house cats love attention and will aggressively seek our attention.

Tags
affectionate , age , behavior , cat , cats , food , happy , hey , home , house , litter , love , morning , nose , paw , shelter , sleeping , wake , water , weird

Sponsored Cat Links