It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-24-2007   #1 (permalink)
Lottie

Exclamation Dangerous kitty and my little sweetie

I have a sweet little 8 month gray stray kitty, and she absolutely loves me and most everyone else whom she meets. But she was thought to be a guy kitty, until just the other day an unkown black stray started going after her. He would corner her and get all over her, with her always fighting to get away until I saved her. But today when I went outside I didn't see her, so I called her. She immediately came running, with the tom on her heels. She came quite close to me but then the tom got in front, just about a foot away from me, and hissed and growled- and seriously almost pounced and attacked me. My screaming and my friend's hissing got him to run- but he chased little gray away, too. So for hours we tried to find her, tried to get him away from her, tried to not be attacked by him, and then tried to find her when he was finally gone. The poor thing was terrified- she hid under rocks and would not come near with any cooing, comforting, baiting or whatnot. Anything coming near sent her off again. And under a nearby rock, we found an apparently freshly dead cat...I've know idea what's going on, but I want that stalker kitty gone and want my precious girl back. Any thoughts?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-25-2007   #2 (permalink)
Catrancher99

My first suggestion is to keep a bucket or two of lukewarm water handy for the attack cat. Unless it's bitter cold outside where you are it won't hurt the cat but should dissuade it for a while. Then try to get your stray baby inside and keep it there until it's been spayed and recovered from the operation. This should minimize (but not neccessarily eliminate) the attack cat problems. Also, try to borrow or rent a live trap cage to use to capture the attack cat and get it to a shelter. Please don't hurt the attack cat if possible - it's just obeying Nature, however repugnant it may be to we humans. We should try to deal with the situation as humanely as possible.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-25-2007   #3 (permalink)
wendywenpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrancher99 View Post
Please don't hurt the attack cat if possible - it's just obeying Nature, however repugnant it may be to we humans. We should try to deal with the situation as humanely as possible.

I agree with Catrancher!! Get you little kitty spayed!! This should also keep her close to home. Keep her inside until this has been done!!

And don't hurt the tom. As quoted above... he doing what comes naturally!

Unread 02-25-2007   #4 (permalink)
Lottie

'd love to take her inside and get her spayed. But it's difficult when I can't even get to her. I can usually see her in the mornings if I call, but the black cat is always after her- she runs away with him right behind, and I don't usually see her for all day. Before this cat started chasing her, she'd be just right outside my house all day. Now, I've no idea where she's running to, and how to get her away from him if I did. Sad

Unread 02-25-2007   #5 (permalink)
Catrancher99

As a "cat rescue sucker" for years now I know trying to help cats can be very frustrating if they don't cooperate. At this point maybe the only thing you can do is to try luring the girl with food. I know this may be difficult because of the Black Brute, but don't give up hope. Also, once the female's been well "mated" she won't be emitting that "scent de allure l'amour" and things should calm down. Now that'll mean she'll be pregnant, but spaying very early in a cats pregnancy won't hurt the cat. Remain calm, send out positive and attractive vibes, and pray or shake rattles - whatever your inclination. Keep us up to date on developements, and I for one will try to think of some more ideas for you to consider.

Unread 02-25-2007   #6 (permalink)
wendywenpet

Lottie!!

Take heed to catrancher's words!! And if you are able to get the little kitty in the house keep her there. She may all ready be enoculated.. but so be it!! Just hope that things work out for the best! Certainly I would like to know how things are going!

Tags
attack , baby , black , black cat , calm , cat , cat problems , cats , cold , female , fighting , food , found , girl , hey , hissing , home , house , hurt , kitty , love , pregnancy , pregnant , problems , rescue , sad , shelter , spayed , stray , thoughts , water

Sponsored Cat Links