It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007   #11 (permalink)
cooks delight

you already mentioned the cat was fixed right? okay he is demonstrating that he doesn't want you to leave him he is home by himself and he just wants companythank you

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #12 (permalink)
theoutcrop

one of my cats loves to go outdoors (insists on it) and the other won't even step out. i think it is normal for kitties to want to explore outside. however, sounds like where you live it isn't feasible to let him out for even an instant!good luck with it, because i've found in my experience that it NEVER stops. cats that want to be out will find a way to get out (run out, escape, etc). trying to walk him on a leash would probably only make his desire to escape worse. my cats are lucky that they can go in and out... after they got a good dose of outside life, when they go out now its usually not for more than 30 minutes, most of which the time is spent beneath the bird feeder!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2007   #13 (permalink)
SuzyQII

We have many cats and all are indoor cats from the get go and all spayed or neutered. But...when spring comes (or for that matter any seasonal change) a few of them become bolters and try to get out any chance they get. Periodically we actually have to leave and enter the house with a tennis racket blocking the door for one exceptionally quick girl. For us, this behavior then goes away for a while or until a new season. Some of the others just meet and greet at the door. Who knows for sure!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by SuzyQII; 03-30-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Tags
apartment , behavior , birds , box , cat , cat behavior , cat in heat , cats , female , fever , fixed , girl , happy , heat , hey , home , house , in heat , indoor , kitty , love , male , mat , natural , neutering , person , personality , problem , problems , scratch , sex , smell , spayed , stop , strays , suggestions , vet , water , window

Sponsored Cat Links