It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
Rae

Default crazy cat behavior?

my cat does this weird thing where she stands on top of a blanket, bites it, purrs, and she is doing this weird sort of march-y thing with her back feet at the same time... why does she do this? i don't get it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Karin C

The behavior you describe is kinda sorta mating behavior. More common in neutered male cats. I have a friend who owns a neutered tom that regularly uses one of her fuzzy sweaters as an "objet d'amour," if you get my drift, and does exactly what you describe.Options: you could take your cat to the vet to have an endocrine function test run; or you can let her do her thing with the blanket and find her own happiness.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2007   #3 (permalink)
Queen

Maybe she should visit a psychiatrist...No. Seriously now. The pawing is called kneading, but I thought they usually do that with their front paws. I don't think anything is wrong with her. They love to mark things with scent, and they like blankets. She was probably just doing what cats do. No need to worry. If you want to know the actual reason ask your vet.

Unread 03-30-2007   #4 (permalink)
Zelda

I could be wrong, but since she is a FEMALE, I don't think this is sexual behavior. I think she is just kneading it, as a kitten would her mommy's stomach. My female cat (neutered) is always bunching up and kicking little throw rugs. It's almost like she is trying to destroy them. Actually, I think that she repeats this behavior because I found it interesting. Probably she thinks she is being cute.

Unread 03-30-2007   #5 (permalink)
Rainbow

Every cat I have ever had does this. I think it is comforting to the cat. When they are kittens, they nurse this way-mom is fuzzy and they use their paws to knead. My cat does this on anything soft, Even on me, & purrs like crazy. I had a kitten one time that actually sucked on the material while it was kneading with its feet. It is normal, and if the kitty is purring, it is happy and content. Maybe it is a mom separation thing, or just a behavior that makes the kitty feel secure.

Unread 03-30-2007   #6 (permalink)
Jaime A

It's her way of playing. My 3 month old kitten does the same thing to one of his toys. He will walk around the house with it stuck in his mouth. When it falls out he does 2-3 hops on his back legs to try and catch it. It's so funny and cute when he does it.

Unread 03-30-2007   #7 (permalink)
meatismurder90

its a false mating behavior seen in cats but could also be a behavior done when seperated from their mom to early.

Tags
behavior , bites , cat , cat behavior , cats , crazy , cute , female , found , fun , funny , happy , hey , house , interesting , kitten , kittens , kitty , love , male , mating , playing , separation , test , toys , vet , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links