It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Behavior
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
Victor B

Default My cat poops just outside her litter box, how do i change that behavior?"?

My cat poops just outside her litter box, how do i change that behavior?"?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Gigi

If your cat isn't that old or doesn't have a medical problem it could just have some bad aim or not enough room...If you can... get a larger litter box or buy one of those covered litter boxes or like previously stated clean the box a little more often... maybe she has trouble finding a spot to poop.Could be she isn't doing it on purpose...maybe it's a space issue.Good luck!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2007   #3 (permalink)
Sheriam

There are many reasons why a cat may poop outside the box. Does she share it with any other cats? Some cats don't like to share; get her a box of her own if that's the case.Is the litterbox clean, with the same type of litter that she has used before? Many cats don't like to switch!Is she declawed? Declawed cats may stop using the box because their feet hurt when they bury it. Even years after declawing, some cats get painful regrowths that can hurt their feet. Check her paws for this or other small injuries that might not bother her when walking but would feel painful on the harsh litter.Has there been any stress in her life lately? New pet in the family, new child in the family, a move, a change in your schedule, etc, etc, etc?She might also have an infection of some kind. Do you ever see her go -is she straining or does she go comfortably? See a vet when in doubt!

Tags
behavior , box , cat , cats , clean , family , hey , hurt , infection , litter , litter box , litter boxes , litterbox , medical , pet , poop , problem , small , stop , stress , type , vet

Sponsored Cat Links