It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
llid

Default cat behavior questions?

Hi, i have a kitten whos about 6 weeks old, and ive had it for a week now. Right now shes just a kitten so i decide to keep it in my bedroom, the master bedroom which is pretty big. i have a cat bed for her and some toys but shes always hiding or running under my bed when im in presence, or anyone is in presence. She seems to avoid me everytime i'm there, the only times that she would be calm with me is when im in the bed, she would jump up and starting meowing and cuddle next to me or when i bring food to it. is it because our human size is scaring her?also shes been trying to get out of the bedroom these 2 days, today she actually went out of the bedroom and walking around the house, but when i tried to put it back in the room, she started meowing really loud and trying to struggle out of my hands. can anyone help me and tell me whats going on? @_@

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Huz

Give your kitten time. Its obvious that she have not adjust to her surroundings yet. Instead of standing, you might want to squat or sit in the room to show your presence, Its less intimidating. Also, you can try and encourage play.Since she wants to be out, let her explore her surroundings. Remember, this is a crucial time for you and your cat to built the trust. Give her space and let her come to you naturally. Only after trust is being set, you can start training her the do's or dont's

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
art , behavior , calm , cat , cat behavior , food , hiding , house , kitten , meowing , play , struggle , toys , training

Sponsored Cat Links