It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-31-2007   #1 (permalink)
aliens_on_tuesday

Default Weird cat behavior?

I've sort of got this cat..We feed him and he sleeps in our garage, but he's still kind of wild. He comes and goes as he pleases, but he's pretty much always hanging out in the garage.Anyway,He'll approach you, meow, pur, and rub up against things, but, at the same time, he flicks his tail really fast. The weirdest thing is that when you hold your hand out he bites you. Not hard if it's your hand he's biting, but if he gets your shirt sleeve, he'll pull back on it until you take your arm away from him. My father says it's how he shows affection, but I'm kind of skeptical on that.:]Btw, I'm not sure if it's actually a boy or not, but I could go check if you think that's significant..

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-31-2007   #2 (permalink)
lysistrata411

My bet is your cat friend is a boy. They are usually a bit more agressive. We have a tom cat in our neighborhood that is basically the same way. He is very sweet and affectionate, but he will bite you sometimes for no reason. So, I think your kitty is just being playful. Thumbs up for your dad.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-31-2007   #3 (permalink)
s p

sounds like hes nervous, the flicking tail thing.. but if hes wild, maybe he doesnt know how hes supposed to be nice to people?

Unread 03-31-2007   #4 (permalink)
J D

tail flicks usually mean it dosen't want your full attention upon it. unless your having a fun experiment feeding it but not knowing it is a bad idea in my opinion. practice cat dominations without a scratch by gripping its behind the neck fur, picking it up, and throwing it over your wall. it probably wont return if you can, and i repeat can, do this, like me. otherwise, call the animal authorities to get it some home. or is there such thing as the animal authorites who get cats?

Unread 03-31-2007   #5 (permalink)
lennie1226

hi..i adopted a kitten that had been feral and possibly abused from the SPCA and it did the same thing..It was weird..she would rub against me and purr, but wouldn't let me pet her and no way could I pick her up or anything(i didn't know she was like this when i adopted her, lol). If i tried to pick her up, she would try to bite me.And it was not a sign of affection, lolAnyway, I didn't force anything with her and just always spoke to her in very soothing tones. It took a long time(6 months) but she finally got to where she trusted me and now she is just a little snuggle bunny. But dad has a point..my other cat VERRRY GENTLY sort of bites me, and with him it is definitely a sign of affection.

Unread 03-31-2007   #6 (permalink)
Mommy2BNAugust

I have a female calico and she is the same way. I found her when she was a few weeks old...and sometimes she is wild. Tail flails arounds...she will bite me not hard tho...then others times she's reallllllly lovable and rubs her head on me and licks my hand. It's just it's playful nature.

Unread 03-31-2007   #7 (permalink)
vegacoyote

Heehee. Tail flicking thing is something that accompanies territorial spraying. I've seen it in both neutered and unneutered males. They'll sometimes do it without actually spraying something. I've never seen females do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people had. Cats are weird animals.The biting thing is probably affectionate, but it's not something you should encourage. Cats sometimes seem to have trouble telling the difference between the "I love you" and "I want to eat you" emotions. When he tries to bite, ball your hand up so he can't get it into his mouth. Don't jerk away or move your hand around quickly, or he might think you're trying to play and bite more. Say in a low, firm voice, "No bite," and move back deliberately, then don't give him positive attention until he stops nipping.

Tags
adopted , affectionate , agressive , animal , behavior , bite , bites , biting , boy , cat , cat behavior , cats , fast , female , feral , found , fun , fur , hey , home , kitten , kitty , love , meow , nervous , nice , opinion , pet , play , scratch , territorial , weird , wild

Sponsored Cat Links