It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
Cicko

Default Strange behavior - spayed cat humping arm?

My friend has got an older cat which started to exhibit weird behavior. It's never been a cuddly cat but lately she started sniff her arm, gently biting and then goes on humping the arm. The cat has been spayed long time ago.Anyone got an idea why is she doing this?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
wemysslad

its quite possible that it could be the perfume, deodrant, soap etc that she is using which is making the cat act like this. my cat also does this but only when i have been cleaning and she smells the chemicals i use. so it could just be the scent which makes her go a bit daft...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
bonnie g

Is she really humping her arm or is she trying to massage her tummy on her arm. My spayed female cats love to get their tummy messaged. The scar irritates them and to comfort it they like to be rubbed. It could also be adhesions growing from the scar are itching. She may want to have kitty checked by the vet, being that this is a new behavior.

Unread 06-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
Maddmag2

i was told by my vet that once a cat is sexually active, they have memory & will exhibit behavior even when they can't do anything. Spaying only takes away the ability to procreate but does not remove the urge.

Tags
behavior , biting , cat , cats , cleaning , female , hey , kitty , love , spayed , strange behavior , vet , weird

Sponsored Cat Links