It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-16-2007   #1 (permalink)
sher3h

Default Cat's strange behavior?

My female (spayed) cat has recently been carrying around a feather type toy and crying. She also walks funny. She holds this thing in her mouth while meowing and crying loudly. She paces back and forth and goes in circles. She seems distressed while doing this. I've noticed this a couple times a day. This has been going on for a couple months now but seems to be happening more often now.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-16-2007   #2 (permalink)
Friend

She probably thinks it's her "kill" for the day. She conquered it, and now she is carrying it around. I think in a few weeks, she'll stop.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-16-2007   #3 (permalink)
true blue

My female spayed cat does that too with her little mousey toys. She walks around carrying them in her mouth and meows very loudly. It's kind of cute. Maybe they are pretending that they're carrying babies around or something.

Unread 04-16-2007   #4 (permalink)
2Scoops

We have a male cat, (nuetered), who drags items of our clothing, toys, and sometimes even blankets, while meowing and howling. He usually drags everything to one spot, and it used to be when we weren't home. But he now does it when we're home sometimes too. He will even get matching dirty socks out of the laundry! He is just bizarre. I think he might do it like he's hunting and brought us his catch. I think cats are just weird sometimes!

Unread 04-16-2007   #5 (permalink)
Jack Linket

Well, it could be one of three or four things...1. It's possible your kitty feels that it has killed it's prey, and is tramping around showing you it's conquered foe. They like to do this as a flaunt in your face hunter. 2. It's possible your kitty knows that she isn't going to have kittens and is pretending to carry a kitten in her mouth. They usually like to do this, to be motherly, even when they know they won't have kitties...If it's number one, I wouldn't worry, it's just being playful and although she seems distressed she just might want your attention about her kill of the day!If it's number two, it's natural like I said. She's just missing her ability and letting it out like this. I'd say show her affection and love like never before, so she can get over it... it helps cats to know hey are loved!If it seems strange and your cat howls loudly even when you play with the birdy and she goes crazy... I'd contact a vet, although, it could be that she misses kittens... I'd only call the vet on a bad note, example: She stops eating and/or drinking for a day, or, she doesn't sleep much and just whines loudly even when you give her anything she wants.I hope you have a good life wit you and your fuzzy bundle of love! I hope I have answered your questions for you!J. Linket -

Unread 04-16-2007   #6 (permalink)
Thomcat

MINE DOES THE SAME THING! With a stick w/ feather at the end. She brings it in my room when I go to bed...meowing. Been doing it for years. So I reward her with petting her. It is instinct to provide for the owner, which is what she may doing for you. It is possible too that she is just trying to get your attention, and it is obviously working. So give her praise and love when she does it.

Unread 04-16-2007   #7 (permalink)
pupchow96

he wants you to play wit her and her toy

Unread 04-16-2007   #8 (permalink)
sweet-angel

My female cats used to do that with her kittensshe brought them toys and bons in her moth and crying too loud to make them combut now i make an operation for her so she can't get pregnant again and she still doing the same thingmaybe she wanna play or she think that she is still calling her pabies

Tags
babies , behavior , cat , cat's , cats , crazy , crying , cute , dry , eating , female , fun , funny , hey , home , kittens , kitties , kitty , love , male , meowing , missing , natural , pet , play , pregnant , sleep , spayed , stop , strange behavior , toys , type , vet , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links