It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2007   #1 (permalink)
BeeEZ

Default Me and my roomate are parting ways and we both have cats. What kind of

behaviors should I expect from my cat? My cat is 2 years old and my roomates cat is 4 years old. My cat has been raised with the older cat since she was little (3 months) I am worried that she (my cat) will suffer from anxiety or be extremely upset when I move out in the coming months. I won't be able to get another cat in my apartment. What will happen to her emotionally? Any suggestions on relieving the stress?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
Some Nerdy Guy

I had two cats I raised together from six months old. I had to put down one of them after a year because it peed on the carpet. The other cat did not exhibit any unusual behavior problems, though she did become more affectionate.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-18-2007   #3 (permalink)
kazak

Play with her - extra attention and brushing. She will mope poor baby. She might sleep more, play less, cry or try to 'show' you the problem. Cats can be very social particularly females with a slight age difference. Also rub your new apartment with a used t shirt before you bring her so she smells the place is 'safe.' And in time she will forget. You should not get a 'new' cat to fix the problem. It wont help.

Tags
affectionate , age , another cat , anxiety , apartment , baby , behavior , carpet , cat , cats , play , problem , problems , sleep , social , stress , suggestions , upset

Sponsored Cat Links