It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Behavior
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-20-2007   #1 (permalink)
Hammer

Default My Cat is Easily the Meanest Domesticated Cat Of All time..Is there Some way To

Change his behavior? My cat likes nobody but me and my roommate...He doesnt hide when people come over, he Attacks them. Adults, Children, Whomever. He's Got A Terrible Mean streak with anyone he's not familiar with...Is there any way i can change his behavioral Patterns?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-20-2007   #2 (permalink)
Himiko

Give your visitor a toy for the cat to swat at so he will be distracted and slowly learn to only play with toys. He's not attacking, but playing.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-21-2007   #3 (permalink)
goodsimm

I have a friend whose cat hated me or really liked me, I don't know which. It would stalk me when I went over. It ran up my skirt once, jumped in my hair when I was sitting in a chair once (from the back- scared me half to death!) and would attack my ankles when I got up to leave. I would ask where the cat was before I would walk in the door. She finally started putting the cat in another room when I came over like you would put your killer attack dog away to keep from biting guests. I don't know if you can re-train cats, but do your company a favor, and put the cat in time-out when they come over.

Tags
attack , attacking , behavior , biting , cat , cats , children , dog , hey , play , playing , scared , toys

Sponsored Cat Links