It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-17-2007   #1 (permalink)
kelcy

Unhappy Cats peeing everywhere

Hello

I have two kittens both active females. One 8 months and one 7 months.
My 8 month one started to pee on my bed and about a month later my other girl started to do the same. They are both very healthy kittens and want to know what going on as my house has started to smell and my husband is going mad. Please help me rectify this problem as i don't want to lose them.
Also could you please tell me how to get rid of the odour on my furniture. *--

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-17-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

First things first as MGM has said get them checked out by the vet first.
I assume when you write "active females" you mean on the active register and they will be bred from when they come of age?
If this is the case then this could be a problem that may not go away until they are retired and spayed. Have these young girls already started calling? When you buy a breeding female not many people tell you that female cats often scent mark as much as entire male cats. This is one of the reasons that many breeders have large outdoor runs for their girls. Not all girls do it, if one starts it often spurs the others to do it. (most only mark when they are in season although they can call every 2-3 weeks until mated).
Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick and when you say active you mean lively. But if I am right and you do intend to breed you really should do loads of research first. If you have any questions I don't mind answering them for you if I can.
As for cleaning up don't use ammonia or chlorine based cleaners as this will only encourage them to mark again. Use a strong biological solution (like you wash your clothes in) this will get rid of the smell. Hopefully the cat will not wee there again.
All the best,
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-17-2007   #3 (permalink)
kirarathekittycat

yes you should take them to the vet to make sure there isnt anything wrong with them and i agree with angelkiss on how to remove the smell thats what has worked best for me

Unread 06-18-2007   #4 (permalink)
kelcy

Smile

Thankyou all for your support. I am not getting rid of my cats its just my husband complaining about the smell. I have now confined them to one room with their tray, no accidents as yet. I let them out when im not busy and keep all my doors shut upstairs. I will worm them today as i have the worming tablet from the vets. If they don't have an accident in the room then will start giving them a bit more area to roam.
They will just pee infront of me on my dinner table, chairs, beds and even my cooker hob. never on their beds. Will certainly let you all know how i get on im not one too be defeated. Thankyou all again! its appreciated.

Unread 06-25-2007   #5 (permalink)
fascino

HI kelcy

I have a similar problem, I have 2 female kittens (well 7 & 9 Months) I have been advised by my vet to try Feliway, its a plug in diffuser which releases a hormone that should stop them doing it. I have ordered through the internet as I had trouble finding it in store. But I should receive tomorrow. I'l let you know if it works!

Unread 11-11-2007   #6 (permalink)
Oreo

OMG we kind of have the same situation, my cat started to poop on the sofa more than once. but he stoped and now he decided to start to pee on my husband and my chothes. if I find something that will work for him to stop I will sure let you know. GOOD LUCK!

Unread 11-30-2007   #7 (permalink)
matsonian

Default There is always a reason...

I've found continously that there is always a reason. It could be dietary, environmental or some other factor affecting the feline. But there is a reason. To discover if it is external, start changing habits. Bypass your normal routines. If you feed morning and evening, try only evening or vice versa. Just keep changing routines and you may find an external cause.

Tags
age , art , beds , breeders , breeding , cat , cats , cleaning , color , confined , female , found , fur , furniture , girl , healthy , hey , house , internet , kittens , morning , outdoor , pee , peeing , poop , problem , smell , spayed , stop , vet , wash

Sponsored Cat Links