It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-15-2007   #1 (permalink)
pepper02169

Default cat tourettes?

our cat seems to randonmly "tic" when she yawns, meows or eats. At first we thought it was seizures when it was paired with her swatting at imaginary things in front of her face and looking up into nothing in the sky. THis lasted for about 3 days. But that has mostly stopped, now it's mostly this "tic" like she is biting something that's not in her mouth. what do you think?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-15-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

It is difficult to guess without seeing her "tic". What you are describing could fall in to harmless cat behaviour. Though if it is a very obvious "tic" that interfears with her life I too would worry.
Take her to the vets and explain your worries, just in case your cat has something serious developing like epilepsy. If diagnosed it can be controlled with medication. Your cat can lead a normal life. Sometimes inner ear problems can make a cats head twitch. Try not to worry though as it is probably nothing serious. I only mentioned it so you would seriously think about taking her to a vet. Never be afraid to talk to your vet if you have any concerns. All the best,
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-16-2007   #3 (permalink)
pepper02169

thank you for your reply. I already took her to the vet and he speculated epilepsy based on what we said but he could not confirm as he did not witness it. The only reason I question this is because her paw raising in the air and her looking up randomly into the air has stopped but not the mouth thing that looks like she is open mouth miming chewing food (and I don't want it to be this life long problem for her)

Unread 07-17-2007   #4 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Are there no tests your vet could do? Its such a shame you are left guessing.
I really don't know what else to suggest, sorry
I hope it isn't epilepsy, all the best,
Angelkiss x

Unread 08-28-2009   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

kirbyariel is on a distinguished road
Default My cat does the same thing!

I just adopted him from the spca a couple weeks ago and he has the tic you describe, he lifts his paw and twitches and looks up too. He also does it when he is sneezing. Im actually taking him to the vet tomorrow to have him checked out.
Unread 08-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome, please come back and let us know the outcome. xxxxx

Tags
adopted , behaviour , biting , cat , cats , chewing , color , food , paw , problem , problems , question , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links