It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-29-2007   #1 (permalink)
Oreo

Red face Farting Kitten!!!!

can someone tell me if this has ever happend to you? Is been two weeks that we adopted a kitten from the shelter and ever since the 1st day has been farting like crazy. whe thought it might stop in a day or two but nothing yet. if it has how did you stop it? Thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Hee hee! What an embarrassing problem lol.
Its actually very common in growing cats. Plus if you are feeding your cat a new diet to what it was being fed before sometimes it can take a while for their digestive systems to settle properly.
Sometimes kittens get a bit windy when they are teething. This usually happens when they are roughly four months old onwards. Or could be just your kittens body dealing with the stress of moving to a new home.
As long as he/she are passing motions normally (not too hard not too runny). Your kitten is fine. Unfortunatelly I don't think there is much you can do about it apart from laugh lol. Be patient it will stop lol.
If you are worried or if it developes into diarrhoea take your kitten to your vet. As you haven't had your kitten long you should (if you haven't already) get it registered with a vet. Maybe get it checked over just to be sure.
All the best,
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-31-2007   #3 (permalink)
Oreo

Smile

this will help me at least it gives me hope that it's not a forever thing LOL Thanks

Unread 08-14-2007   #4 (permalink)
pamcel

Your post reminds me of when we got our kitten. We had been dogsitting for a year, and the dog was a terribly windy animal. He went home, and we decided to get a kitten. Just as we were getting used to the fresh smell of the house too.. He has grown out of it now, unless he has something unusual to eat. Or he gets startled! Hope you get to enjoy the fresh air soon too!

Unread 09-09-2007   #5 (permalink)
lucky47

Years ago, I got a 6 months old cat and it had the farting problem. But her problem was caused by giving her milk. We took away the milk and just gave her water and the farting stopped right away.

Unread 09-09-2007   #6 (permalink)
Tonkinese and Siamese luv

Default ew...

mine did that too...when she was alive...but it didnt bother me much lol

Unread 09-10-2007   #7 (permalink)
lisakmusco

My two newest kittens do this too, sometimes. It's funny, but I don't recall any of my other five ever really farting like these two....Pew!

Unread 10-09-2007   #8 (permalink)
Oreo

Thumbs up

thans for all your help just to give you the 411 on tigger, he stop farting! ! ! ! ! !

Unread 10-09-2007   #9 (permalink)
lucky47

I'm so happy that you got the problem solved!!
Thanks for letting us know.

Unread 07-18-2008   #10 (permalink)
Andie Becker

My kitten had the same problem last year, and the vet actually informed me that her anal sacs needed to be emptied. It was uncomfortable for me to watch, when she aspirated them with her hands, and my kitten sure did not appreciate it, but it stopped immediately. if it happens again, try that. Good luck!!1

Tags
adopted , animal , baby , boy , care , cat , cat food , cats , color , crazy , diet , eating , food , fun , funny , happy , hey , home , house , joy , kitten , kittens , kitty , lucky , moving , new home , nose , oops , playing , problem , shelter , smell , stop , stress , uncomfortable , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links