It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-29-2007   #1 (permalink)
Oreo

Default kitten and litter

I have a another problem with the new kitten that we adopted besides farting all the time LOL. when he goes to the litter box he doesnt cover it after his done. this is a big issue because we also have another cat and when the other one goes to the litter box his feet get all dirty. anything you guys have for me?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Hello again!
I too have a cat who has never really mastered the art of covering his poo lol! He scrapes around in the tray for ages and manages to miss the target .
As I have six cats I have a number of litter trays. This would help as cats are very clean as a rule and prefer a clean tray. I have one very fussy girl, she inspects all the trays before choosing her loo lol.
As I am home all day most days I can scoop out any nasties as soon as possible as cats do tend to stink don't they.
What litter do you use? You could try a more absorbant litter. It may help a little.
I hope this is of some help to you, all the best,
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-31-2007   #3 (permalink)
Oreo

thanks, well I notice today that all the poop had been covered up. I was so happy but then I notice that my other cat fonzy goes in the litter box after the kitten used it and covers it for him. do you think it will be like this always?

Unread 07-31-2007   #4 (permalink)
Angelkiss

There is a good chance your other cat will continue to do this. She may only do it if she happens to be close by when the kitten uses the tray.
It would be great for you if she does . When you see her doing it make a fuss of her, she will be more likely to do it if there is a reward.
All the best,
Angelkiss x

Tags
adopted , another cat , art , box , cat , cats , clean , color , cool , girl , great , happy , hey , home , kitten , litter , litter box , new kitten , poo , poop , problem

Sponsored Cat Links