It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-04-2007   #1 (permalink)
dylnjan

Default Over Affectionate & Clingy cat

My cat is 16 years old and I have had her since she was 8 weeks old. She has always been a friendly and loving cat but in the last 12 months has become overbearing.
She has always slept on my bed but next to my feet - now she wants to sleep as close to my face as possible, often on my chest or hips which, although she is only small, is causing problems with my back. She disturbs my sleep (& my husbands) by constantly purring and kissing our faces for what seems like all night long, consequently we are shattered. We put her on the floor or to the bottom of the bed and she climbs straight back up. I'll give her 10/10 for determination.
As I write she is trying to sit on the keyboard - typical cat behaviour I know but alongside everything else its really annoying.
I love her to bits - she's been my best pal for 16 years - but this behaviour is driving us insane.
Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kiwi.jpg (62.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4 cats.jpg (51.4 KB, 2 views)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-05-2007   #2 (permalink)
marble

I had the same problem with one of mine, if she is ignoring you and still does it then the only thing to do is keep her out of the bedroom. She probably just wants to play like mine did so I let him outside now, ensuring a peaceful sleep!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
affectionate , behaviour , cat , clingy , friendly , love , loving , night , play , problem , problems , sleep , small , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links