It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-04-2007   #1 (permalink)
nicole3020

Default help my cat scatches my parents leather chairs

help i have a one year old layannese not sure if that is spelt right lol

she scatches on parents new leather chairs which a nearly wrecked because of the cat she has her own catpole and i receintly brought catnip to put on her catpole but it hasnt seemed to work

please help

thanks Nicole

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-04-2007   #2 (permalink)
lucky47

What kind of leather is your folks' furniture?
If it won't hurt the furniture, try double sided sticky tape. You should be able to get that at any pet store.
If that don't work, you can try a ScatMat. When the cat touches that it would get a zap, but it is a safe zap. Try it on you first before you try it on your cat.
Good luck!! I hope you can solve your problem.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-04-2007   #3 (permalink)
nicole3020

thanks 4 the help can u get the scatmat thingy in australia
thanks

Unread 09-05-2007   #4 (permalink)
marble

Have you tried using a water pistol everytime they go to scratch? I've always used them and eventually they get the hint!

Unread 09-06-2007   #5 (permalink)
marble

I've been told that biological washing powder works great as cats hate it but depends on whether you want to use it on leather sofa's!

Tags
cat , catnip , cats , fur , furniture , great , hey , hurt , mat , pet , problem , scratch , water

Sponsored Cat Links