It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-14-2007   #1 (permalink)
KingsleyCat

Unhappy He's attacking me...

Our boy Kingsley is almost a year and 4 months old. He's a Siberian and we love him so much. He's always been a moody, temperamental cat who is not a big fan of being cuddled. Our friends call him the King of Slap because he will slap at you if you get too close...just because. My husband is the disciplinarian and Kingsley knows that he's got to listen to him. But I'm the mom and tend to let him off on some bad behavior. He likes to pop out at me when I walk around the corner, like he's a big hunter. Or when I walk by he reaches out at my feet, almost like he's trying to trip me or like some teenager on a power trip (like he can touch me just because he wants to). He used to stalk me when I was heading to bed until we put him in a time-out after we caught him. We have a decent sized apartment and keep the floor clear so he has room to run. We now even put him in a harness and leash to walk around the apartment building. This does seem to improve his behavior. But I can't spend an hour a day following him around the apartment building. I now have a 4 inch scratch on the back of my leg which replaced a deep bruise from him biting me. We can't have him physically harming me as we will be having children one day and we need to trust him with our children. I don't know what to do about his aggression. The only thing that is helpful is putting him in a separate room to cool off. He's a smart boy so if anyone has any ideas for this I'd really appreciate it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
marble

I hate to say this but it sounds like he is bored. Having been outside on a lead he probably is desperate to go out lead-free!

Once cats have been outside theres no turning back Im afraid, all cats are different mind you some are happy being indoors whereas other can't abide it.

Maybe he needs a friend to play with?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-11-2008   #3 (permalink)
RobertB

This is a good idea. A lot of times cats don't get enough activity and exercise. We think of them as lazy, but that's not completely the case. They have to have toys and playtime, and if you leave them alone all day it can be difficult for them. Sometimes having another cat to hang out with makes all the difference, though you do have to be careful about how you introduce them, because you certainly don't want to make the problem worse.

Unread 01-30-2008   #4 (permalink)
smudge 4 eva

Cool .... :d ....

Sounds sweet but the slapping part...Ouch. dose he keep his claws out! mabey he dosent mean to slap you maybey he wants to push you away but he cant because he is in a panic.

Tags
aggression , another cat , apartment , attacking , bad behavior , behavior , biting , boy , cat , cats , children , claws , cool , free , friends , happy , hey , lazy , love , play , problem , scratch , smart , toys

Sponsored Cat Links