It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2007   #1 (permalink)
rofiudafo

Default neutering question

my boyfriend and i have a kitten,Gizmo, he will be 6 months in October. and we were going to get him declawed (front) and neutered. the vet said we had to wait till he was 6 months to do both. (i guess sometimes if you declaw to early, they could grow back?) anyways, we live in an upstairs apartment (upper half of a house), and i was wondering if we did get him neutered when he is 6 months, if it were possible that he could spray at all? he hasnt done so at all, yet, so i was just wondering.

heres a pic, in case anyone was wondering

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-23-2007   #2 (permalink)
KingsleyCat

I've heard 6 months is the earliest some will neuter. Their bodies are still so young that it would probably be best to wait a couple more months just to be safe. Our boy didn't start spraying until he was like 10 months old. He sprayed once after he was neutered and that was all. So I would personally recommend waiting for Gizmo to get a little older just to be safe and especially if he's not causing any problems. Have you considered more humane methods to dealing with his front claws? Like those plastic tips? He'll get better at using his claws as he gets older and all you need to do is trim them every couple weeks to cut down on the sharpness. He may become much more likely to bite if you take away his claws. Please do your research on all the alternatives before making such a big decision.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
apartment , art , bite , boy , boyfriend , claws , cut , hey , house , kitten , neuter , neutering , problems , question , tips , vet

Sponsored Cat Links