It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
snazzy-chloe

Default Aggressive cat

Hi everyone,
I have two cats twinkles and ginger and they used to be able to come both inside and outside whenever they liked but Ginger kept on ripping up the carpet so due to that mum told me i had to have them outside or get rid of them so now ive put them both outside and half of the day i kept on going outside to play with them both and they tried getting inside but i wouldnt let them, then tonight i had ginger meowing at the door i opened it and picked him up to cuddle him and he started clawing my face and biting me aggressively then jumped off me and ran inside so i yelled at him and chased him outside and now none of my cats will come near me, i try to pat them and they run away from me, I love my cats more than anything and now it feels like all the bonding i had with them has disappeared. i really dont know how to deal with this, I really need some advice on how to deal with this please???

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
marble

how old is Ginger? and did he/she used to let you pick him up before he was banned from the house?

Did they have a scratching post when they were indoors? There are things you can use to stop them from attacking furniture such as biological washing powder (diluted with water) and also by putting cat nip on their scratching post will encourage them to play there instead.

There is also a spray/plug in called feliway (I think) which is meant to calm cats.

I wouldnt worry that they are ignoring you at the moment, cats do sulk alot and they will both come round soon.

I do worry that as your cats are not allowed inside now, they obviously want to come home. Maybe have another chat with mum about using the above suggestions, I know alot of people who have had problems with naughty cats and it can be sorted out. Try the biological washing powder and get a scratch post.

Good luck.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-30-2007   #3 (permalink)
matsonian

Talking Stimulating behavior and common trust...

When they were inside they had a home. Now that they are outside, they don't really have a home. Your aggressive behavior after being scratched adds to that feeling and now you are a stranger to them, no longer the loving security blanket they once had.
Inside the house you need to have lots of cat toys and other stimulants to help them to release energy and a scratching post or pad so they can have an outlet for their natural behavior.

Tags
advice , aggressive , attacking , behavior , biting , calm , carpet , cat , cat nip , cat toys , cats , clawing , fur , furniture , hey , home , house , love , loving , meowing , natural , play , problems , scratching , stop , suggestions , toys , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links