It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
athena

Default Question about my cat following me

Hello (Meow),

I'm new to this site and somewhat new to cats. I rescued my cat Athena, she was abandoned by a neighbor that moved and left her. My friend resuced her and then I did. I've had her now about 3 years and she is and has been attached at my hip..Meaning, if I go downstairs for 2 seconds she follows and then follows me upstairs. She is always within 6 inches of me if not she's laying on me. At night she can't sleep unless we are touching, meaning she sleeps next to my head and must be spooning and laying on my arm. Is this normal behavior? I love it, but then wonder if I'm catering to much to her every whim because she is so faboulous.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
matsonian

Talking Love her before she changes...

She is still fairly young and you are her mother figure. If you want her personality to start changing, I recommend another cat in the household. Othwise, as she gets older, she will change. Make sure you have activities in the house for her to play with, things to stimulate her body and mind. So that life is more than just hanging out in the house waiting and being with you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-01-2007   #3 (permalink)
athena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
She is still fairly young and you are her mother figure. If you want her personality to start changing, I recommend another cat in the household. Othwise, as she gets older, she will change. Make sure you have activities in the house for her to play with, things to stimulate her body and mind. So that life is more than just hanging out in the house waiting and being with you.
Thank-you !! You are the only person to respond to me that's a great plan to get her more toys or things to do. I do have a roomate and she also adopted a cat and she's been here for 2 years. My Cat doesn't hang with her, but Piper (the other cat) loves athena and is wherever we are...

Thanks again

Tags
adopted , another cat , art , behavior , cat , cats , great , love , meow , new to this , night , personality , play , question , sleep , toys

Sponsored Cat Links