It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-17-2007   #1 (permalink)
Javagirl

Default Fighting among the siblings

Hello,
I am brand new to this forum. I have a problem with a couple of my cats not getting along.

First off, I have a six yr. old, female Siamese mix. She looks just like a pure breed seal point, but she's really a mix. She had 4 kittens. All four are female torties, 3 regular torties and 1 diluted. One of the dark torties is always wanting to go after the diluted and the smallest of the dark torties. And, the mother cat (Java is her name) goes after the diluted one too.

We have them in our basement with furniture and litter boxes, toys, etc. And I spend time with all of them. Also have another lynx point Siamese girl and an abysinian (not sure of that spelling) and they get along with everybody.

The two "target" cats are banned to live up on the furnace and the pipes that go out from it. I have litter boxes up there and their food and water. The one tortie girl (her name is Bucky), the one that is out to get the two on the furnace is always after them. They are afraid to leave the furnace area and that is why I put the food and water up there.

But I hate that they can't leave from there. It's a really big nice basement otherwise.

Is there anything I can do to get them to like each other? They have all been together all their lives and never separated before. And they use to get along. I have no idea what has happened. Nothing has changed from what I can tell. I never let them go outside, they are strictly indoor cats. We live in a very rural area with coyotes and things that would consider them prey and therefore, I do not let them out. And, we have a couple of tropical birds upstairs and a couple of little house dogs. So, having them upstairs would not work.

Any ideas as to why, all of the sudden they aren't getting along?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
matsonian

Talking Check out this book

Chech out the first book in my signature below. It will help you with this situation...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
birds , book , breed , cats , changed , dogs , female , fighting , food , fur , furniture , girl , hey , house , indoor , kittens , litter , litter boxes , lynx point , new to this , nice , problem , siamese , siblings , toys , water

Sponsored Cat Links