It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
bfman

Default new kitten trouble adjusting

Hi:

I bought a new 10 weeks old male kitten (himalayan).
It has been a little over a week now. He is fine as long as interaction with me etc. but he gets very very sad when I leave him home alone to go to work. And also when I close my door to go to bed bcuz otherwise he jumps on my while I'm sleeping. I especially feel very bad when I come home from work and see him sitting on the couch with his face down.

What can I do?
- drop him off at a pet sitting service?
- get another kitten? (which I'd really rather not if I don't have to)

I empathize with him bcuz I would also feel terrible if someone locked me in an apartment all by myself for 9-10 hours/day.

What can I do in this situation?

Thanks,
Paul

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-11-2008   #2 (permalink)
RobertB

The pet sitting service idea is interesting, but the cost and extra time spent could be burdensome. Additionally, some cats get really freaked out leaving the house, so you'd have to be careful about that.

Another kitten might be nice, since he'd have someone to hang out and play with, but you'd need to be careful introducing them, and as you've said, maybe you don't want two.

A third option might be to try Video Catnip. These videos / DVDs show nature scenes and such to help entertain the cats, and maybe show him some stuff that he's oriented to hunt by nature but doesn't ordinarily get to see.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
apartment , catnip , cats , himalayan , home , home alone , house , interesting , kitten , male , new kitten , nice , pet , play , sad , sleeping , video , videos

Sponsored Cat Links