It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-17-2008   #1 (permalink)
lferg

Default My cat only drinks running water!!!

Hello all,
This is my first post on the forum. This is my first ever male cat and he is GREAT, a bit quirky, but great all and all. My problem is this guy ONLY drinks running water. He is about 8-10 months old and started this about a month ago and I don't know why. He "Meows" like he is trying to take a HUGE crap to get my attention then leaps up onto the counter and meows this god awful meow until I turn on the water. WHATS THE DEAL????

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-17-2008   #2 (permalink)
RobertB

Some cats just prefer running water to water in a bowl is all. I think they enjoy the play aspect of it as well, since you'll see them batting at it with their paws sometimes. There are several different types of waterfall/fountain devices that will indulge your cats desire for running water.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-19-2008   #3 (permalink)
Tater

This fella gets a fresh bowl of water twice a day but prefers a wet bathtub or the toilet. I read that cats like water fresh and cold.

Unread 03-09-2008   #4 (permalink)
courtneylovescats

Hi there ,
your cat might only drink running water because it is scared of putting it head in a bowl of water incase it drowns. My cat drinks out of her bowl but she puts her head at the side of her bowl i think she is scared of the water.

Tags
bat , bath , cat , cats , cold , great , hey , home , joy , male , play , problem , scared , water

Sponsored Cat Links