It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
kitfairy_22

Exclamation New kitten and old cat playing?? or fighting

Hi,
I've had my old (resident) cat for 14 years. She has never lived with another cat. Well, we decided to adopt a kitten. The one we chose is a 3 month old black and white short hair male. Well we've had him for a week now and they are to the point where they can be in the same room fairly close to eachother and do not display any obvious objection. The kitten never was bothered by her, but she growled and hissed the first time she saw him.

Well I noticed this afternoon that they have been doing this wierd thing where one will take off running. Then the other chases. Then they turn around and reverse the chase. After the chase they just sit across from each other then get up and walk away. Whats up with that?

Are they playing or fighting?/

There's no hissing or growling or displaying claws. What do you htink? My old cat is a little reserved around him, but not aggressive.

Thanks
Melissa

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
smudge 4 eva

Talking

Awww there probly playing i have notest the same thing with my dads kittens

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-29-2008   #3 (permalink)
Nickie05

Sounds to me like they are playing too! That is great!

Unread 01-30-2008   #4 (permalink)
RobertB

Probably still need time to get adjusted, but as long as the chasing doesn't end in fighting and hissing, you're well on the road.

Tags
aggressive , another cat , black , cat , claws , color , fighting , great , growling , hey , hissing , kitten , kittens , male , new kitten , playing

Sponsored Cat Links