It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
alexandsophielover303

Exclamation Odd behavior Need help asap

Well for starters I have two cats, one male (Alexander) and one female (Sohpie) They are sister and brother (from the same liter). They are about 2 years old, and up until now have been perfectly normal. Well about two days ago my cat (alexander) started attacking his sister, which normally he would do that but you could tell he was just playing and they would usually chase each other around the house. But this time it was serious. Before when they would play fight they never took off any fur or anything, well now my cat has managed to take a patch of fur off his sister, right above her eye. And not only that but he has begun to chew alot more on things like wires especially headphone wires, and playstation wires. I am not sure what has caused this change in him, he's usually a very gentle cat. Nothing else has changed, we haven't changed their food, and he hasn't stopped eating or anything. Both cats are fixed, so we are not sure what is the problem. They are both indoor cats, and lord knows we have enough toys for them to play with. I was wandering what to do about this and what could of caused this change in his behavior. He's not like attacking my family or me, he's just attacking his sister. And like I said before I've seen them play fight many times, so I know this is not normal the way he has taken off some of her fur. How do I deal with this? My mother wants me to get a crate to put him in every night and everytime we go out. For the chewing problem we have tried all different kinds of sprays but none have ever worked (he used to chew alot when he was a tiny kitten). We have moved as many of the wires as we could out of his reach but certain ones no mater what you do he can always get at. I do not want to get a crate for him, but I fear that might be the only thing I can do to get him to stop or to prevent him from further hurting his sister or chewing on wires. What should I do? And what could of caused this behavior in him?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
attacking , behavior , cats , changed , chewing , eating , eye , family , female , fight , fixed , food , fur , hey , house , indoor , kitten , male , night , playing , problem , toys

Sponsored Cat Links