It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2008   #1 (permalink)
Menadio

Default moving with adult cats

Heyy, In a month I will be moving to a condo near a major road. I just have some concerns about my 2 cats embracing the move as well. I have had them for 10 years and they are both outdoor and indoor cats. My current house sits on a secluded cul-de-sac with 3 acres and the only traffic are the neighbors. What I am worried about is when I move to this condo if I let them outside will they try to find their way back to my old house? Or, could I just try to transition them into indoor cats only? Thank you for any advice that can be given.

-Rachel

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-14-2008   #2 (permalink)
ChanceofRanye

we found a cat about an hour drive from where i live and she got out but came back to are house.I think as long as the know you live there,their come back 2 ur condo

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-05-2008   #3 (permalink)
sapphyremoon

From my experience if you go the same way when taking your cats to your new home they will go back to old place. Try a different route to confuse them that is what we did with our oldest cat, the first time he got out, he didn't even leave the yard but each cat is different. It is best to move the cats first before moving your stuff that way they can get use to the new place, put their food and liter box in a room and keep the door closed during the move. Once you have everything moved in let them to explore their new home, make sure they can get to their food and liter box with ease. You also might want to transition them into indoor cats permanantly because living by a major road you don't want to see them get hurt. I hope that helps. Good luck in your new move and hope your kitties do very well.

Tags
adult , advice , box , cat , cats , food , found , hey , home , house , hurt , indoor , kitties , moving , new home , outdoor , transition

Sponsored Cat Links