It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-05-2008   #1 (permalink)
alandtai

Default Playing in drinking water?

My cat has always done this. He will try to move the water bowl which
makes a mess. So I made a plateform and cut a hole in the wood for the
water bowl to sit in. So he couldn't move it. I also bought a rather large
heavy bowl. Now he kind of uses his front paws to splash the water out of
the bowl. And he drinks in between all the playing. I can't stop him. I have
used the search feature and it seems that cats do not take well to retraining.
My cat is 7 years young. But I was thinking someone might know some sort
of trick I could use to fix this problem. Thanks everyone

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-09-2008   #2 (permalink)
jerome

My personal recommendation would be to look up on the internet for your "problem".

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-20-2008   #3 (permalink)
feline freak

My cat Angel will sometimes dip her paw into the water dish then lick her paw to drink. I could never get her to stop so now I just wrap a towel around the dish so she doesn't make a mess!

Unread 06-21-2008   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
My personal recommendation would be to look up on the internet for your "problem".
Yeah, google is everything! Haha. I think it is pretty normal for cats to play. It's kinda annoying sometimes when they create mess.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Unread 07-20-2008   #5 (permalink)
kittiebunny

try getting a water fountain. they are great. with running water and a collecting bowl at the bottom. place it somewhere where your cat is free to play with the water. they are great trust me.

Unread 07-26-2008   #6 (permalink)
CrazyCatLady1980

Our dear cat, Diego, who passed away in February of 2007 of FIP....had a bizarre habit of playing in the toilet at night. Every night we'd hear him go into the master bathroom and then hear a splash splash splash in the toilet (it was clean water of course)...eventually we ended up just keeping the toilet lids shut but some cats do like water.

We had a cat we rescued (we did alot of cat rescuing when I was in the military because there was a female that was not spayed that was feral and we'd rescue and rehabilitate her kittens and then find them homes--could never catch the female though ). Anyways, one of those cats would join us in the shower or in the bath depending.

Unread 08-06-2008   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

My cat has a similar habit. She likes to put herir paw into their water dish and swirl it around. I find it cute though.

Unread 08-08-2008   #8 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Some of my cats like to play with their water.My cat Toto does the little trick of putting his paw in and then licks his paw,it's really sweet.xxxxx

Tags
cat , cats , clean , cut , cute , female , feral , fip , free , great , hey , homes , internet , kittens , mess , night , paw , play , playing , problem , search , spayed , stop , water

Sponsored Cat Links