It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-07-2008   #1 (permalink)
frldngbob

Default New Kitten Introduction to 2 Established Brothers

I have a pair of males from the same litter now for 8 months who are 10 months old. They're up to date on shots and have been neutered (about a month ago) and up until yesterday have been pretty much best friends.

Yesterday, I got another kitten from the same mother who is 8 weeks old today. She's very vocal and ready to explore (like most kittens), but has really turned the house upside down.

Both boys are very apprehensive of her, Toby (our larger tabby, probably dominant) is very concerned. He hisses, growls and crouches when she's within 10 feet. Corbin (all black, slightly smaller, more submissive) is curious but definitely concerned. Corbin has tolerated her getting within 6 inches and even playing with the same string toy with her, but he still hisses at her and has swatted her once.

What concerns me is this: I'm going to take things very slowly with them, she does NOT have full reign of the house. There is a rather large closet that she is secluded to when not being supervised. The boys, however, have now resorted to hissing at each other, Toby specifically.

Should I worry about that, or is it all normal? Will things even out the way they were with just another cat, or should I have to worry about them constantly being at each other?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-09-2008   #2 (permalink)
jerome

How would you react if someone you don't know was living with you tomorrow?
Same for the cats. Give 'em some time and they'll end up being friends (hopefully).

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
another cat , black , cat , cats , friends , growls , hey , hissing , house , introduction , kitten , kittens , litter , new kitten , playing , tabby , vocal , worry

Sponsored Cat Links