It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-14-2008   #1 (permalink)
crystalrain87

Default Feral kitten

Hey all, I'm new to the forum, thought I'd stop by and get some advice and this looked like a great place to get it.
I'm excited because later on today I'm going to a lady's house to catch a feral kitten. I was wondering if anyone has ever had one that they've had to tame before?
The mother keeps having more and more kittens and my friend goes to pick them up to tame and foster them. He makes it sound simple, but I'm not so sure, lol. Any advice is welcomed

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-14-2008   #2 (permalink)
KCOA08

Default Feral kitten

I recently adopted a feral cat. Althought she is not a kitten, she is very very young. The good thing about your situation is that you're getting a kitten which means that she hasn't really adopted the lifestyle of living in the "wild" fully. It means that you and your new "baby" will have a much easier transition to adjusting to a more domestic environment.

My suggestion would be just to go at it as you would any new kitten. Be ready for a few challenges, but make it a commitment for the duration of your new kitten's life. (they have long ones too!

Wishing you all the best!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-16-2008   #3 (permalink)
crystalrain87

Thanks for the reply I got the little lovelys, the only problem is there are two lol. Which I guess isn't so bad because when the little orange and white one hid inside the carrier, the other one started to meow like crazy, so maybe its a good thing I kept them together.
And you were totally right, they aren't even 'feral' yet. My room mate and I had to bathe them with Dawn to kill the fleas, boy were they covered. But now we need to do something about names...the best part.

Tags
adopted , advice , baby , boy , cat , crazy , environment , feral , fleas , foster , great , hey , house , kitten , kittens , meow , new kitten , problem , stop , transition , wild

Sponsored Cat Links