Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum

Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/)
-   Cat Behavior (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cat-behavior/)
-   -   Help Cat peeing on carpet (http://www.i-love-cats.com/forums/cat-behavior/51999-help-cat-peeing-on-carpet.html)

rdelawyer 06-20-2008 04:02 PM

Help Cat peeing on carpet

I have 3 cats, not sure which one it is haven't been able to catch them in the act other than once so i think it's who i think it is, she was the cat that attached to me when we brought her and her sister home. about the time i found out i was pregnant she started peeing, i wasn't able to clean the cat box so it sometimes would get really bad before my husband would finally get around to doing it started on rugs in the bathroom and then when we got rid of the rugs it then resorted to my bed, on my side of coarse. started closing our door except for when we were sleeping. we moved and she didn't do it for the longest time. then started on the stairs we ripped up the carpet on the stairs and she stopped again and has recently started again right outside our bedroom door. and she won't stop, we got a dog a couple months ago so i think she may be mad about that. Not sure how to get her to stop, i'm tired of having to rip up carpet all the time we don't really have the money to replace carpet all the time. Does anyone have any idea as to what to do? Anything that works for cleaning the carpets?

catlover83 06-21-2008 10:20 AM

Would Peroxide work?

rdelawyer 06-21-2008 09:43 PM

I have tried the peroxide once, still think she peed there, i've tried baking soda, i've cleaned my carpet up there multiple times with the pet formula steam cleaner solution, i've made a spray with it to pretreat the area and then clean it, it's linolium under the carpet so it doesn't have wood subflooring to soak it up.

kittiebunny 07-20-2008 04:53 PM

use a stain removal from a pet shop. they are fantastic! and it gets rid of smells.

dmcwlvssr 07-28-2008 12:05 AM

Vet check to see if it is medical. Change brand of litter, more boxes in different areas.

Lyka_01 11-04-2008 08:29 PM

I read in the yahoo answers about how to get rid cat urine in carpet...and the one suggestion is removing the smell of urine by cleaning it with some sort of soap or kitchen cleaner, then clean it with lemon juice....

Here's the complete suggestions...

How to get rid of cat urine in carpets - Yahoo! Answers

joralo 11-13-2008 09:13 PM

If it's not an awkward place to put it, move their food and water dish over the spot. One of my cats had an area that no matter what I did she'd pee on until I moved their food over that spot. She's had a few accidents since then, but never on that spot. Also, changing the water frequently helps as well.