It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-20-2008   #1 (permalink)
rdelawyer

Exclamation Help Cat peeing on carpet

I have 3 cats, not sure which one it is haven't been able to catch them in the act other than once so i think it's who i think it is, she was the cat that attached to me when we brought her and her sister home. about the time i found out i was pregnant she started peeing, i wasn't able to clean the cat box so it sometimes would get really bad before my husband would finally get around to doing it started on rugs in the bathroom and then when we got rid of the rugs it then resorted to my bed, on my side of coarse. started closing our door except for when we were sleeping. we moved and she didn't do it for the longest time. then started on the stairs we ripped up the carpet on the stairs and she stopped again and has recently started again right outside our bedroom door. and she won't stop, we got a dog a couple months ago so i think she may be mad about that. Not sure how to get her to stop, i'm tired of having to rip up carpet all the time we don't really have the money to replace carpet all the time. Does anyone have any idea as to what to do? Anything that works for cleaning the carpets?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-21-2008   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Would Peroxide work?
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-21-2008   #3 (permalink)
rdelawyer

I have tried the peroxide once, still think she peed there, i've tried baking soda, i've cleaned my carpet up there multiple times with the pet formula steam cleaner solution, i've made a spray with it to pretreat the area and then clean it, it's linolium under the carpet so it doesn't have wood subflooring to soak it up.

Unread 07-20-2008   #4 (permalink)
kittiebunny

use a stain removal from a pet shop. they are fantastic! and it gets rid of smells.

Unread 07-28-2008   #5 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

Vet check to see if it is medical. Change brand of litter, more boxes in different areas.

Unread 11-04-2008   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

I read in the yahoo answers about how to get rid cat urine in carpet...and the one suggestion is removing the smell of urine by cleaning it with some sort of soap or kitchen cleaner, then clean it with lemon juice....

Here's the complete suggestions...

How to get rid of cat urine in carpets - Yahoo! Answers

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 11-13-2008   #7 (permalink)
joralo

If it's not an awkward place to put it, move their food and water dish over the spot. One of my cats had an area that no matter what I did she'd pee on until I moved their food over that spot. She's had a few accidents since then, but never on that spot. Also, changing the water frequently helps as well.

Tags
baking soda , behavior , box , carpet , cat , cats , clean , cleaning , dog , food , found , health , hey , home , litter , mat , medical , money , pee , peeing , pet , pregnant , question , sleeping , smell , suggestions , urine , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links