It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-22-2008   #1 (permalink)
phoebe'smom

Question nocturnal monsters

Hello Everyone!!! I am brand new here, and recently read alarm clock kitties. while it was comforting to know that others are going through the torment that i feel EVERY night with my 10 mo old... I am still having issues.

While Phoebe was a wonderful sleeping buddy, curled up next to me and sleeping every night from 11 pm to 6 am, then up to play alone and eat... recently, she is now at my ears, head, feet and stomach, waking me up every night at 2 am and every once in awhile all night.

I tried many redirections, and heavy playtime before bed, (i even got her panting). I have tried putting her in her own room also, which is a good idea, but when does it start to work?? i tried for two weeks straight, and then attempted to have her out one night, and she went right back to her old waking ways. Please help, i am exhausted!!! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

Wish I could offer more, I slept with a squirt bottle for quite awhile giving a little squirt when she woke me. It did finally work though. She did stop waking me up. She obviously still goes crazy at night. i find toys all over but since she doesn't get on me I sleep through that. Best of luck.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
phoebe'smom

Default thanks

THANKS so much, at least i am not the only one who is a TIRED cat-lover. I will continue to spray, and hope for the best... take care.

Unread 08-06-2008   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

You have such a spoiled cat. Hehe. Yes, a simple SQUIRT BOTTLE can help a lot. You'll have to deal with your cat being pissed off for a few days even a week until he learns that you are the boss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unread 08-08-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Yes you must show you're the boss.I love that Jules Verne quote Kathie.xxxxx
Unread 08-11-2008   #6 (permalink)
phoebe'smom

THANKS so much to everyone!!! Your responses gave me hope, however, the water only nearly drown me, and the other side of the bed was soaked! Now she jumps up and nips me when i spray!!! i think she thinks it is play. Two weeks into this and she is still crazy. I have been locking her out of the room and she just throws her entire body against the door all night.

Do you all know anything about the barn-cat phenomenon of neurological issues from in-breeding...?? I am at my wit's end, and must assume at this point that there is something actually 'off ' about my little jerk

Unread 08-11-2008   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Go to a website called messybeast.com,they have advice about interbreeding,and lots of other stuff,good luck.xxxxx

Tags
advice , art , breeding , care , cat , crazy , hey , kitties , love , night , play , sleep , sleeping , stop , toys , water

Sponsored Cat Links