It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-25-2008   #1 (permalink)
quadokitties

Default Need some help

I'm new here, I mainly joined not just for the love of my "quad o' cats", but because I have a slight problem with our most recent addition!

She is right now the only cat we have here(my cats are in California and being shipped out to me one by one to Tennessee). We recently rescued her at the shelter, she's about 14 weeks now I'd guess.

Here's our problem:
The litter box is in the bathroom located between the toilet and the bath tub. One day we found pee in the tub, and the next we found pee. Then she snuck into our bathroom, jumped in my tub, and peed in it..

So she now thinks that bathtubs are the new litter box. How can we fix this problem?

Thanks in advance, I'm getting desperate..

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-28-2008   #2 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

maybe try putting the box in the tub

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-28-2008   #3 (permalink)
phoebe'smom

Lightbulb some ideas.

Try a citrus scent spray, (safe for cats though) at pet store, or apple spray, (in the tub)- they hate it.

Also, i would (if you could,) move the litter box completely out of the bathroom for now, until she becomes accustomed to the LITTER BOX being her toilet, while keeping the bathroom door shut at all times.

Every time she meows, or begins to pace, or seem like she needs to utilize the bathroom, pick her up promptly and put her in the box. this may require a day off of work to sensitize her, it stinks, but i had to do it with my most recent kitten last fall. Phoebe was going in the corner of the living room (same corner) every time. It took me two days of this dropping her in the litter box to keep her going.

Once she knows the box is her place, you can move it back if need be, to the bathroom. However, some cats do not like the placement of the litter box and will never learn to go where WE as humans want it. you may be stuck moving it to a place she likes to go.

(Sheesh!) is she a tortie?? They are neurotic, willful and bratty as heck, ask me! i have to live my life around my cat's way of life, not the other way around!

Tags
addition , box , california , cat's , cats , found , hey , kitten , litter , litter box , love , moving , pee , pet , problem , shelter

Sponsored Cat Links