It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
Myrrh

Default 2nd Cat Moves In

I adopted Gigi 2 years ago from the local shelter. She is a 12 year old tortishell who has become comfortable and quite happy in her life at my place. She goes outside a little everyday, health excellent and on the antisocial side with all cats normally. I just took in a 2nd cat that the owner let wander day and night. Calico cat (2nd cat) transitioned in as I started feeding her until I officially asked the owner if I could take her permanently. She became my 2nd kitty officially Friday afternoon. Monday morning, things are going relatively well. Calico spends a good part of the day outside. She has transitioned to nights inside very well. Gigi and Calico merely hiss and keep a healthy distance when they are inside together. I am using Feliway to help came nerves. What else can I be doing to help this transition time? Calico cat is about 2 years old. Eventually as the weather changes, Calico cat will have to be indoors more and more. I am lucky to have the summer to work this all out. My question is how long and what further steps can I take to ease these two ladies in? I have separate feeding places. I work week days normal hours. Calico cat is out now and Gigi has the place to herself for the day.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
dmcwlvssr

I have never done an outdoor indoor intro. I have always kept them totally separated, switching beds and smells for about a week then letting then see each other but through a confined area(gate). Sounds like it is going pretty well, paws crossed. keep us updated.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-04-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hello I'm Cheryl,welcome.I have 7 cats,2 of them are girls,Marley is nearly5,and Dylan,she's 2.They don't like each other at all.They never have,and I dont suppose they ever will.I was thinking of getting Feliway.How do you find they are while you're using it?xxxxx

Last edited by che; 08-04-2008 at 04:18 AM.

Tags
adopted , beds , cat , cats , confined , fur , happy , health , healthy , hey , hiss , indoor , kitty , lucky , morning , night , outdoor , question , shelter

Sponsored Cat Links