It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-04-2008   #1 (permalink)
loujay

Default HELP! my cat is bullying my new kitten!!

ive currently got the most spoilt 7 month old house cat called princess minky, shes a lovely natured cat... - a right mammys girl, but! ive just rescued a 9 week old kitten yesterday called ruby, thinking it would to keep minky company, i know minky would take some time to accept ruby, but shes being awful to the kitten. Shes hissing at her and make werid growling sounds, then sulking off, then she follows the kitten and watches her every move and even whacks her. im not pushing minky out, and i know shes trying to say shes the boss, but i only hope this wont last. im even trying to give minky more attention but she wont accept it and is even starting to growl at me!! minky seems to be okay when shes in a sleepy state, but isnt happy as the kitten wants to be with me. please i need some advice, i dont want to have to get rid of ruby.

Last edited by loujay; 08-04-2008 at 07:21 AM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-04-2008   #2 (permalink)
AmericanBobtailOwner

Don't worry you won't have to get rid of ruby. I had the same problem when I brought home my kitten. The older cat hissed and ran away. At first they wouldn't come near each other. When they finally did it looked like they were fighting. I thought i'd have to get rid of her too. But just give it some time. Maybe take ruby to a separate part of the house for a while in her own room to give your other cat a chance to relax. then bring ruby out again. Eventually they'll warm up to each other. My cats are the best of friends now. Their is also some stuff at the pet store that you can buy that helps with a cats anxiety. You can try that too. They may help your older cat calm down a bit. Good Luck!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-04-2008   #3 (permalink)
loujay

thanx.. fingers crossed!!

Unread 08-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
buttercup

Unfortunetly sometimes they aren't impressed with a new situation but if you're patient and just let nature take its course it will work itself out. We had a brother and sister and then brought in a kitten who was the runt of her litter and my other two weren't too happy with her but they decided that they would share me with her and became very close. They eventually started to sleep together and although the sister has since passed away Oscar and Zipper are the best of buddies. Hang in there.

Unread 08-05-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Yes hang in there Loujay.They'll get used to each other,good luck.Che.xxxxx
Unread 08-05-2008   #6 (permalink)
courtneylovescats

Its ok they will be friends soon and you dont have to get rid of ruby good luck

Unread 08-06-2008   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Well that's pretty normal behavior actually. It takes time before theyd be acquainted with each other. Try introducing them. Make sure that the new comer should be put in a separate room first. Your cat will eventually recognize the kitten's smell and theyll be friends.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
advice , anxiety , behavior , brother and sister , bullying , calm , cat , cats , fighting , friends , girl , growling , happy , hey , hissing , home , house , kitten , litter , new kitten , pet , problem , runt , sleep , smell , worry

Sponsored Cat Links