It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-18-2008   #1 (permalink)
DRFRIZOG

Default Cat acting wierd

lately my cat does this thing where she'll be constantly smelling everything in the room. While she is doing this i'll make a sudden noise and she will jump, sometimes straight up the air. She well then continue to do this and i'll make the another noise maybe 2 seconds after, same reaction. She does in every room. I noticed she sneezes and yawns alot. and she always sleeping. she is a year old. She isn't afraid of people. and she eats normally.

I took her to the vet, and he didn't find anything wrong.

it' annoying because it takes her forever to come down the stairs, because she is constantly checking evry step.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-18-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Very strange behaviour never happened to anyone of my kits...
He's probably afraid of something or someone. Anything new in your house?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-18-2008   #3 (permalink)
DRFRIZOG

she doesn't doesn't seem to be scared, she just seems to be intensly unsure of her surroundings., but she is other wise normal. I mean right now she cleaning herself, on her usually spot on the couch, but if i put her on the floor she go into sniff trance mode. Nothing new. i have to put her outside myself, because it takes forever for her to trust the door. Then when she is outside she is fine again... scratch that she is now just staring and meowing at me, and kneeding.

Unread 08-18-2008   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm Cheryl,my cat Dylan is always frantically smelling everything.But I have other cats too.Maybe you have brought in a smell that she is not used to on your shoes.Or a visitor you have had in the house.She may feel threatened by the smell.xxxxx
Unread 09-05-2008   #5 (permalink)
DRFRIZOG

Default still nutz

example, she trys to get of a chair, but looks at the ground as if it was a lake. When she finally manages to inch her way off the side of the chair and onto the floor, i will make a sudden but not loud noise, and she'll jump straight in the air, and back onto the chair.

Sometimes she will meow from the chair as if she was stranded, i have to pick her up and put hr outside. And then i'll watch her sniff her way slowly away, and if i make a sudden noise she'll jump.

WHAT the hell is wrong with her, she isn't scared of people, and she only gets scared for a split second, she doesn't ever run away.

she eats fine, and she always napping.

Unread 06-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
differentoctave

Default my kitten doing exactly same thing! Afraid of smell on floor.

He's 6 months lod and always been outgoing and friendly. The last few days he is fine when on the couch but as soon as he jumps down he goes into a smell trance and acts weird and afraid. We have nothing or no one new. What's up?

Unread 06-26-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Maybe they do it to keep us wondering

Welcome differentoctave. What's your name and your kitty's name? Pictures would be appreciated.
Unread 06-26-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by differentoctave View Post
He's 6 months lod and always been outgoing and friendly. The last few days he is fine when on the couch but as soon as he jumps down he goes into a smell trance and acts weird and afraid. We have nothing or no one new. What's up?
Yes, welcome to you and your cat ! Please introduce your kitten to us.. his name, pictures ...

Sometimes you just can't understand what your cat has in mind ..

Unread 07-01-2009   #9 (permalink)
differentoctave

Here's my kitty, his name is Grie.
/Users/kravcak/Desktop/beth/photosnstuff/CIMG0537.JPG

I'm not sure how to post pics!!

Unread 07-01-2009   #10 (permalink)
differentoctave

guess that didn't work

Tags
behaviour , cat , cats , cleaning , found , friendly , girl , great , hey , house , image , interesting , kitten , kitty , meow , meowing , photos , pictures , problem , scared , scratch , shoes , sleeping , smell , vet , weird

Sponsored Cat Links