It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-19-2008   #1 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

Default peeing cat *oi vay*

Well after looking around the forum and reading a few articles I *think* I have a few ideas of what i need to do to stop my cat Lelu who will be 3 this month, from peeing/sometimes pooping on kitchen floor. I have 3 cats. I was reading up and I found that I should have at least 1 box per cat. I don't know that I'll add 2 more boxes but I will definately be putting one in the pantry/sink area where she has been going. We weren't sure why she had been using the area for her personal bathroom as it hadn't occurred until we moved 2 1/2 months ago, we always had just one litter box. I was also looking that cats don't really like being in an enclosed space so I'm going to modify a big rubber tub, and use the litterbox we have in our animal room down stairs and clean it 2 times a day. She seems happier in our new in our new apartment. She always like stairs and our last place was in an apartment building and we had 2 large rooms a kitchen and a bathroom and she never went out of her litter box. Even when we were fostering and had a total of 5 cats, one of which had kittens and for 8 weeks we had 8 cats! We found homes for all the fosters but ended up keeping 1 of the kittens to add to the 2 I had (LeLu and Goober) Joey never bothered her and they didn;t start when we moved. I cant say that the new place is much bigger but the spaces are nicer and more defined, and on 2 levels. I can tell she's much happier here too. We were able to organize a lot better with the space and all the storage and got a lot of unneeded items out of the way. It just this one thing she's doing that's got me wondering, because its not a UTI, they're healthy. I think I'm just going o take her to the vet. she'll be due for a wellness exam soon anyway, and I just started working at a kennel with a vets office connected. If it is just a behavior thing any idea's? I rescued her when she was a kitten at like 5 weeks old from a place that was horrible. She wasn't litter trained when i got her on account they had 3 litter boxes that looked like they had never been changed. She's wonderful but i'm wondering if that might not have something to do with it, the moving? i dunno.

impute would be great!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-20-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Oh yes, oi vay!

I have the same problem with my Merlin. Something is bothering him & I don't know what.
If you can find the solution please inform me imm, I don't know what to do!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-01-2008   #3 (permalink)
Ambicat3781

If anyone finds any helpful hints, I am all ears, too! Binksy uses our laundry (clean and dirty) as a litter box once in awhile. I have noticed he does it when he is stressed or angry. He does it any time we add a new furry friend to the house or when we go out of town (which isn't that often). The only way I have found to stop him from doing it is to put all our laundry in a locked room where he can't get to it. My mom was a vet tech for many years and has told me that once cats start doing this it is very hard to break them. Our own vet had a cat that did a similar thing, and he was never able to break her from it. Hopefully someone on here will come up with something!!

Unread 09-01-2008   #4 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

Since adding the extra litter boxes she has yet to do it. Even with the new kitten so i'm hoping *crosses fingers* that was her issue. I'm going to try and add another litter box at some point, i'm just not sure where.

good luck everyone!

Unread 09-01-2008   #5 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Have you tried changing the litter?Some cats dislike fullers earth,others dislike wood pellets.Or is the area too busy?xxxxx
Unread 09-02-2008   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I've tried everyting, nothing helps!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
angry , animal , apartment , art , behavior , box , cat , cats , changed , clean , dry , fostering , found , great , healthy , hey , homes , house , kennel , kitten , kittens , litter , litter box , litter boxes , litterbox , moving , new kitten , peeing , problem , stop , uti , vet

Sponsored Cat Links