It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-22-2008   #1 (permalink)
inheaven

Default help~ kitten behavior

I was going to buy ONE kitten from this craigslist lister, but when i arrived i saw 3 little abandon kittens wet, full with fleas and sitting in a cage
i took all three of them home. They got their shots, i bought them a big playfence so they can stay inside.
I live in a one bedroom apartment, doesn't have any other pets and it's small, i didn't want them to get their run of the whole house.
Then the third one started being too curious, she started climbing outside of her fence, while the other two just play with each other and meow when they cant find their little sister.
Then when i caught her today, she was too excited or something, she scratched and bite me so hard i was bleeding
I tried everything, i added paper boards on top of the fences to make it higher and more unclimbable, and i tried water spray guns
can anyone give me some advices please?
I don't want to separate the 3 of them, but i can't always deal with her being soo crazy

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
Petal1

Kittens will be kittens...when our three were babies (we found them on our porch), they used to want to be with us, so they would literally climb up our legs and I got tons of scratches right through my pants. They will continue to get more energetic and I don't know that you can stop them wanting to get out to explore. You could get a big dog cage, but that goes against the nature of having cats, IMHO.

I don't know what else to tell you. Ours (we have 4 total) pretty much sleep anywhere they like. We squirt them to try to keep them from doing bad things (like getting on tables and the buffet). Granted, we do have a house and a basement which makes it much easier, but they will really only get more curious and want more freedon.

Good luck!!!

Petal1

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-23-2008   #3 (permalink)
fatbuttmut

I'm no expert but have two 9 and 10 week old kittens. The female is the youngest and sometimes she forgets, gets too excited and tries to bite. What I do is I lift her by the back of her neck (skin) just a little so she'll calm down and tell her NO. She's getting better but it seems she wasn't with her mother long enough to learn the right behavior.
My male kitten was around children and with is mother, and he's very gentle.
Could it be that your kittens are feral? Maybe they just need to be socialized.

Tags
apartment , babies , behavior , bite , calm , cats , children , crazy , dog , female , feral , fleas , found , hey , home , house , kitten , kittens , meow , sleep , small , stop , water

Sponsored Cat Links