It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
fredntrouble

Default getting along

hello every one im eric and my girlfriend paulette are new to the forums. we have a 8-10 year old male named fred and a 1 year old male named trouble. we got fred about 5 months ago from paulettes friend who i don t think took real good care of him. it took about 2-3 weeks for him to adjust to our apt. but he did fine he was jumping up in our laps and sleeping with us. now we got trouble a couple of weeks ago and he is a handful. the problem is that fred doesnt want anything to do with him. trouble wants to play and fred hisses at him and then runs and hides under the bed. fred is a lot bigger than trouble and i think if he dosnt want to play he should just swat at trouble and tell him who is boss. we use treets to get them close to each other and it works but when the treats are gone so is fred. fred never liked to play he just liked to be petted and loved. trouble on the other hand playing is his life. we try to give them the same amount of attention but its hard when fred is hiding under the bed. so my question is why is fred afraid of trouble and is there anything we can do or is time and patience the key?

fred

[IMG][/IMG]

trouble

[IMG][/IMG]

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
ferretsratskittycats

The only thing you can really do is wait it out. If they are not fighting and will tolerate each other then your in the good. Some cat like my oldest doesn't play a whole lot and it took her some time to adjust to other cats, she adores my 2nd cat and puts up with the youngest. So be patient and keep giving out lovin'. Some cats never come around, but those usually wont even stand, and are agressive to any other cat.

best of luck!

Great Pictures!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
fredntrouble

thank you very much

Unread 08-24-2008   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Fred and Trouble are fabulous.Yes it will take time,they'll get used to each other,xxxxx
Unread 08-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Congrats for your kits, they are lovely!
They need time to get used to ech other as Che said. Don't be upset, all will be Okay in a few weeks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Tags
agressive , care , cat , cats , fighting , hey , hiding , jumping , male , pet , pictures , play , playing , problem , question , sleeping , upset

Sponsored Cat Links