It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-28-2008   #1 (permalink)
MyCatPortocales

Unhappy OMG!!! Help!

I've had cats all my life and I just got a new kitten. He is adorable but is SOOOO bad!!! He never stops meowing. If I take a shower he meows like someone is hurting him, if I close the door he meows louder! At night he meows constantly in or out of my room and if he does come to lay down he sticks his face in mine first and always has to be on the side Im facing!!! I haven't slept in 2 days!!! If I close the door to my room he meows all night long.... I don't know what to do! Help me out if you can!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-31-2008   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi & welcome,

I'm Maya from Israel & owned by 6 lovely furkids.
Congrats for your new kitten...
I don't know what to say because never happened to me but I suggest you to pay a visit to the vet, maybe something bothers him or hurts him...
Good luck,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-31-2008   #3 (permalink)
KatieK

Yup, Scooter was the same way when we took her in from straydom. She was TERRIBLE the first few nights, but here two weeks later she doesn't make a peep when we shut the door to go to bed (hubby doesn't like her crawling all over him in the middle of the night). If the vet says nothing's wrong, just make sure kitty has lots of water (and food) and something to play with and just ignore his cries. Like a little kid wanting attention, kitty will get tired of yowling.

Unread 09-02-2008   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Maybe she feels something bad. Take your kitty to the vet.

Unread 09-06-2008   #5 (permalink)
Ownedby2

Funny, I was worried because my new kitten DIDN'T meow. His quietness made think he was alienated and too terrified to make a noise.

My first kitten meowed a lot when we got her also. She didn't want to be left alone and she wanted to be close to people's faces. She had to be removed gently and placed close to the person but not on top of their faces. She was lonely and scared.

My Princess cat came to me as an adult rescue. She too meowed incessantly the first couple of nights, and she wouldn't let me out of her sight for the first week or two. I didn't let her sleep with me because she would sit on my face, so she sat outside my door and, when she didn't meow, she'd "dig" in the carpet (presumably to dig her way under the door and to me). She actually defleeced the carpet around the door! When I took a shower, she would sit and meow outside the shower as if to ask why was I exposing myself to the awful water.

Anyway, it gradually got better. Once she stopped sitting on my face, she got to spend the night with me. Once she had been in the house for a while, she stopped needing to keep me in sight all the time. She still watches me shower, but no longer meows.

Current kitten, the little Prince, only meowed a little the first couple of weeks. Today, when he meowed at me for attention (he wanted his head rubbed) I was ridiculously pleased. Funny, isn't it?

Unread 09-07-2008   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

I think maybe some cats are more vocal than others.That has been my experience.My new kits,brothers Finn and Harley,Harley is always making a noise.I hardly hear Finn though.xxxxx
Unread 09-08-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Wink

Siamese cats are very vocal. Meshee is driving me mad...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 09-08-2008   #8 (permalink)
Ownedby2

Default I think it varies.

My first cat was a Siamese mix (2/3 siamese i was told). My Princess is not Siamese and she meowed more than my first cat. The new Prince is a Siamese mix also, and he isn't very vocal. So I don't know.

When they "talk" to each other, they hiss. When the Princess "talks" to me, even to indicate displeasure, she meows. The little Prince is not talking much at all to me, though he will protest incarceration with a few weak meows.

Unread 09-09-2008   #9 (permalink)
Mowzer's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCatPortocales View Post
I've had cats all my life and I just got a new kitten. He is adorable but is SOOOO bad!!! He never stops meowing. If I take a shower he meows like someone is hurting him, if I close the door he meows louder! At night he meows constantly in or out of my room and if he does come to lay down he sticks his face in mine first and always has to be on the side Im facing!!! I haven't slept in 2 days!!! If I close the door to my room he meows all night long.... I don't know what to do! Help me out if you can!
Sleep deprivation - the worst. Cats never get it, they just drop off to sleep when ever they please. One thing I have tried with a new feline-fur ball is a lot of cuddling in an old tee shirt of mine, then line a box with the shirt. Lots of snuggling and "talking" nose to nose before bedtime and soon she was at home. Good sleeping, Mowzer's Mom

Unread 09-10-2008   #10 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Yes brilliant idea.xxxxx

Tags
adorable , adult , box , carpet , cat , cats , cats meowing , cool , food , fun , funny , hey , hiss , home , house , jumping , kitten , kittens , kitty , meow , meowing , new kitten , night , person , play , rescue , scared , siamese , sleep , sleeping , vet , vocal , wake , water , yowling

Sponsored Cat Links