It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-30-2008   #1 (permalink)
KatieK

Default What's with the LICKING?

So Scooter ADORES licking my hubby and I, and while it was cute at first - like 3-5 licks on the nose or chin - she's started trying to lick our faces off, like she's cleaning us. I wouldn't have a problem with it except that she actually licked a sore on my face the other day. We stop her by putting her on the ground but I was just wondering if anyone else's cats did the same thing? This is the first experience I've had with it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-30-2008   #2 (permalink)
Babys Babys

My baby doesnt lick my face very often, but she loves to lick my hair.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-31-2008   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Never happened to me...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 08-31-2008   #4 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Bolan always licks my arm if I'm smoothing him,its so sweet.xxxxx
Unread 09-02-2008   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

I don't mind when my cats lick my face. I find it sweet.

Unread 09-03-2008   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Well this morning,Miss Bobby Marley jumped on my bed,come up to me and licked my eyelid.I think she was telling me to open my eyes,and get up!xxxxx
Unread 09-04-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Very smart girl!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 09-04-2008   #8 (permalink)
KatieK

Okay, I suppose I should clarify.

I love my kitty and have always thought that anything that licked me was the cutest thing ever and showed me they loved me. If I had a dog that licked me as much as Scooter does, I would just up and let him. However, she likes to run her cute pink sandpapery little tongue over and over the same spot until you pull the covers over your face or re-position her so she can't reach it. I'm in no way upset with this habit of hers - in fact it breaks my heart in some ways - and I can deal with the sandpaper effect for a while but after some time she actually begins to give me big fat red sores on my chin and cheeks where the skin starts to peel back. They're painful and gross and therefore the licking has become somewhat excessive.

Again, I can stop it by re-positioning her but mostly what I was looking for was some sort of answer to why cats might lick SO much. I understand they like things clean - that was my assumption when she licked my face the first time - but she can't seem to stop on her own. I didn't know how many cats did this because I haven't had a single cat that licked me at all.

Tags
baby , cats , clean , cleaning , cute , dog , eyes , girl , hey , kitty , licking , love , morning , nose , problem , smart , stop , upset

Sponsored Cat Links